Modded CTM maps

kaiomann

Jul 29, 2019
The problem with that is most of the stuff requires items that are found later in maps. In most cases, you won't be able to do anything much with reliquary until the final dungeon.
True. For example lots of its stuff needs goldnuggests, but you can use Tinkers to get some. Just smelt down gold armor, which you should always have plenty of. I'll find a way :p

Jcewazhere

Jul 29, 2019
I started to make a FTB CTM map with the Direwolf20 pack. I made lots of little prototype traps and puzzles which was fun. However when it came to making the overall map theme I couldn't come up with anything good and I gave up.
As well as the things Kaiomann pointed out here are my thoughts:
Portal Gun - Turrets are fun if a bit weak.

Tinker's construct - put parts for nice weapons and tools in some of the chests. Drawbridges could make some hidden doors or puzzle bridges. Clear glass to block pearls and portal guns.

Extra utilities - Magnum torch hidden above the victory monument and entry area to make a safe zone. Rain mufflers for Youtubers. Block update detectors for more traps. Ethereal glass for mob proof doors.

Computercraft - ban turtles.

Q-craft - more hidden doors, walkways and stairs. One-way walkways and doors.

Open blocks - glasses, crayons and pencils add tons of puzzling possibilities. Cannons for entertaining item distribution or traps. Healer and donation station near the VM. Sprinkler for a quick farm.

Thaumcraft 4 - lockable doors. Tainted mobs. Evil bats.

Project Red - timers, sensors, switches and lights oh my.

Thermal expansion - florbs

Mystcraft - Quick transport through portals around the map Turok style. You could put the book to the next part of the map inside the wool chest.

Obsidian pressure plates - hidden/silent pressure plates.

Reactions: kaiomann

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
I started to make a FTB CTM map with the Direwolf20 pack. I made lots of little prototype traps and puzzles which was fun. However when it came to making the overall map theme I couldn't come up with anything good and I gave up.
As well as the things Kaiomann pointed out here are my thoughts:
Portal Gun - Turrets are fun if a bit weak.

Tinker's construct - put parts for nice weapons and tools in some of the chests. Drawbridges could make some hidden doors or puzzle bridges. Clear glass to block pearls and portal guns.

Extra utilities - Magnum torch hidden above the victory monument and entry area to make a safe zone. Rain mufflers for Youtubers. Block update detectors for more traps. Ethereal glass for mob proof doors.

Computercraft - ban turtles.

Q-craft - more hidden doors, walkways and stairs. One-way walkways and doors.

Open blocks - glasses, crayons and pencils add tons of puzzling possibilities. Cannons for entertaining item distribution or traps. Healer and donation station near the VM. Sprinkler for a quick farm.

Thaumcraft 4 - lockable doors. Tainted mobs. Evil bats.

Project Red - timers, sensors, switches and lights oh my.

Thermal expansion - florbs

Mystcraft - Quick transport through portals around the map Turok style. You could put the book to the next part of the map inside the wool chest.

Obsidian pressure plates - hidden/silent pressure plates.
TC4 could make for some... Intresting traps... And puzzles!

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
It is based on Diversity, but has a good amount of PVM asspects to it, these are the branches:
79sCPQN.jpg

GeWuy69.jpg

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
I know I saw you post that somewhere else, but I can't remember/find where...
I removed it because i I wanted to wait till I was a little more far along, but this was like the only thing I posted beside a picture of the beginning hub.

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
By the way, this will probably be a HUGE CTM... like take a long, long time to finish the map, ESPECIALLY THE PORTAL BRANCH!!!!! there might or might not be a cake in there somewhere... I am considering making a custom texture pack for it too :p

kaiomann

Jul 29, 2019
By the way, this will probably be a HUGE CTM... like take a long, long time to finish the map, ESPECIALLY THE PORTAL BRANCH!!!!! there might or might not be a cake in there somewhere... I am considering making a custom texture pack for it too :p
BRING IT! :D

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
You should totally get me alpha stuff to test.

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
ALSO, I need an opinion on the fps stage, should it be a desert, a magical forest thing (like from the evolve game trailer, look it up), or an abandoned city?

kaiomann

Jul 29, 2019
ALSO, I need an opinion on the fps stage, should it be a desert, a magical forest thing (like from the evolve game trailer, look it up), or an abandoned city?
FPS as in first person shooter? I'd say an abandoned city then.
Also, what mods will your map feature? Will it run on your usual everyday modpack or will it include speeshul stuff?

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
FPS as in first person shooter? I'd say an abandoned city then.
Also, what mods will your map feature? Will it run on your usual everyday modpack or will it include speeshul stuff?
I am using the direwolf 20 pack, the modpack will not be modified in any way, FPS will be using the needle gun as the main gun plus a few extra stuff like modified bows.

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
So i just about finished the main building of the FPS branch (I had to do desert because i suck at buildings:p)
eJrn9Yd.jpg

I also finished the armor!
O4UGNoE.png

FyxDfsK.png

Ee1wzeZ.png

2i4Lptf.png

Here's a demonstration of what the air jordans do:D

Reactions: kaiomann