Modded CTM maps

kaiomann

Jul 29, 2019
yep! say do you know how to duplicate a chest filled with items?
Dartcraft? Force-wrenching them and via creative placing down a bunch, that might work. That's the first thing coming to my mind.
Another thing that works would be mcedit (maybe even worldedit), but I have no idea how this works.

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
Dartcraft? Force-wrenching them and via creative placing down a bunch, that might work. That's the first thing coming to my mind.
Another thing that works would be mcedit (maybe even worldedit), but I have no idea how this works.
yeah i decided to install that the other day, but it won't be a requirement mod

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
yeah i decided to install that the other day, but it won't be a requirement mod
I distinctly remember having to duplicate via ctrl-click picked up chests to place down multiples. Something about how dartcraft does things making the item get used up in creative mode. That may have been fixed, though.

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
I distinctly remember having to duplicate via ctrl-click picked up chests to place down multiples. Something about how dartcraft does things making the item get used up in creative mode. That may have been fixed, though.
i just use the ol save inventory duplication trick

Kitsyfluff

Jul 29, 2019
I've done some tests with various mods in CTM maps. Namely, tinkers construct, primative mobs, thaumcraft, and portalgun. Here are my findings:
PortalGun:
  • Rules
    • Start out with a portalgun and a pair of long fall boots.
    • when you die, you can give yourself a fresh portal gun and boots.
    • When you die, you must reset your portals immediately.
    • You cannot have more than one portal gun/long fall boot combo.
    • (optional) you must bring back the entire wool chest to the monument, not just a wool. (iron chests helps with placing the chests on the monument.)
  • Observations
    • It is a lot of fun to hop around with a portalgun in one of these maps.
    • The maps are also made really easy with a portalgun.
    • This pairing is one of the few cases when you actually get to use the full potential of a portalgun.
Primative Mobs:
  • Observations
    • Not much changed, just a few neat new mobs.
    • A few of the drops make it easier to progress, but it is not too game-breaking.
    • Festive creepers suck.
Tinkers Construct:
  • Observations:
    • Not much changed in the maps, just more variance in tools.
    • Knapsack helps transfer goods and is just another inventory within your inventory.
    • No guarantees on being able to build a smeltery. In Lengendary, your main bottleneck is gravel.
    • low-tier tools don't break much at all, although the longsword makes a great travelling tool.
Thaumcraft 1:
  • Rules
    • An altar is placed at spawn.
    • A totem is placed at each wool.
    • One of each crystal type is given to you at start.
  • Observations
    • Thaumcraft weapons are overpowered.
    • Boots of the meteor are amazing and fun.
    • Teleportation also helps a lot for travelling from your main base to an away base. So much.
    • Portable Holes can break things.
Thaumcraft 2:
  • Rules
    • One of each crystal cluster and a self-repairing crystalline bell is given to you at start.
    • Additional clusters are found at each flag.
    • Choose a dark, spooky place or a light, cheerful place and nuke it with taint, as well as place some tainted villagers in the taint zone to help spread it along.
  • Observations
    • TC2 seals are OP. Place a long-range offensive seal and it nukes everything.
    • Research is hard. Really. You mainly rely on researching valuables you find along the way and angry zombies.
    • Sword of the Zephyr is game-breaking on these maps. As well as flight in general.
    • See observations on TC1
Thaumcraft 3:
  • Rules
    • Retrogen ores. All of them.
    • Place silverwood trees in dungeons and greatwood trees wherever forests are. If there are no forests, include a stack of saplings whereever you normally get a sapling from.
    • Start with a thaumonomicon (optionally)cheat sheet, a scribing tools, and a wand of the apprentice.
  • Observations
    • The sword of the Zephyr kills dungeons. It tears through hordes and stops mobs from even touching you.
    • Iron golems are a formidable fighting force, especially when you have a lot of them.
    • The wand of fire destroys hordes like you wouldn't believe.
    • thaumostatic harness sort of kills the game when you get it.
    • If thaumic tinkerer is installed with it, the nitor gas thing also kills the game a bit.
Thaumcraft 4:
  • Rules
    • See thaumcraft 3 rule 1 and 2.
    • Start with a thaumometer, a thaumonomicon, scribing tools, and an iron capped wooden wand.
  • Observations
    • Still in testing. Playing it on Spellbound caves.

Your portalgun ruleset inspired my next let's play