Mod with interactive "people" other than villagers?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
It gets a lil lonely sometimes in single player and villagers are just, well, not great companions or "neighbors" ( i have an inexplainable urge to pillage the village when it comes to them).

There was a mod that had "people" called Driads (?) who's company I enjoyed even though they weren't interactive at all. ( permit some non-derogotory sexism here, I think them being female native types helped ).

It would be nice to have some neighbors or companions that just kind of hung out, followed you around a bit, maybe even something as complex as an actual companion that you could equip to keep up with you (jetpacks/armor etc) and or even help do things like tend crops or animals or even mine.

I really liked the Driads and it would have been nice if they offered you a little food or wood or cobblestone for early game exploring.

Maybe this could be an addon mod to villagers, but it would have to get rid of the nose, the annoying "huerr" and "ih" sounds, have genders, and reconfigure (some) of the trades as mentioned to include simply sharing rudimentary items (sticks, cobble,food)w in small amounts so as not to be OP. Make them able to defend themselves also, instead of the current guard, which would create a sort of alliance.

Just a thought while doing some mindless chores in my single player.

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
There is a mod which adds some different types of villagers who can be supplied with materials and will make their own village, there is CustomNPCs which allows you to do whatever you want with NPCs, and there is Minecraft Comes Alive with a different type of villagers/NPCs

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft Comes Alive or Millénaire

These were the first that came to mind, but Ancient Warfare 2 and Helpful Villagers exist as well. Granted,. The last two do more to make current villagers not suck so bad rather than add new companions, but it still helps to turn them from raiding target into a commodity.