Mod with advance auto crafting

soveriegna03

Jul 29, 2019
Are there any mod/mods that add advanced auto crafting into the game? For example say I'm crafting an ME storage unit. There are several components that need to be made and then added together for the final product. Is there a mod that would do all of that for me if I had all of the resources? I feel like I saw a streamer use something like this once but I can't remember exactly.

Any help with this would be great.

soveriegna03

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for your reply I have applied energistics but am not super savvy with it. I was hoping there was a faster way to make the ME system but I guess there are no short cuts lol

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for your reply I have applied energistics but am not super savvy with it. I was hoping there was a faster way to make the ME system but I guess there are no short cuts lol

You make your ME system using ME of course :p
Ironically AE's crystal growth mechanisim is all but impossible to automate using ME - it can be done using just ME, but the result is very vanilla style automation with flowing water and redstone.

soveriegna03

Jul 29, 2019
I'm still sort of confused about how the whole process works. A lot of the items I'm looking to craft need to be smelted or otherwise made outside of the crafting chamber with the patterns, etc.. how can the whole process be automated? Its starting to look like a whole lot of effort for small rewards lol.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
The ME Pattern terminal has two modes it toggles between. In "crafting bench" mode, you create a crafting pattern using the 3x3 grid and it detects the output, and the programmed recipe can go into an interface next to a Molecular assembler.

In the "Furnace" mode, you put the items into the 3x3 grid, but the shape isn't important. You manually put the output from the recipe in the 3 slots on the right. This programmed recipe can be placed in an interface adjacent to a Furnace / Induction Smelter / Grinder / whatever it is that actually makes the recipe. So you can create a recipe that associates "Iron Ore" with "2x Pulverized Iron" and drop it into an interface next to a TE Pulverizer. The interface, when ME is asked to craft pulverized iron, will inject the ore into the adjacent machine, but it will not auto extract the output - EIO can push back, but TE machines generally cannot accept from, and push items to, the same side, so you need to hook up some itemduct to carry the product from the output of the Pulverizer, back into an interface - pushing items into an interface signals ME that the craft is done.

An interface only pushes into one thing, so more complicated recipes can be automated by placing an interface next to a chest, and putting in a recipe that associates Empty Fluxduct and 4 redstone with Redstone Flux duct - and then you use EIO or TE itemducts* to move items from the chests into magmatic furnaces and fluid transposers, and then more itemducts to push the completed items back into the interface.

There is very little that cannot be automated, with some ingenuity, with ME.

* Or, an ME subnetwork.