mod to remove mobs (recommend)

ronny

Jul 29, 2019

ronny

Jul 29, 2019
SquidUtils. Launch the game once, open minecraft/config/SquidUtils/Mobs.cfg, find the mobs you want to disable, and set enable to false.
appears this isn't available for 1.6.4, also are you sure it has the ability to remove from mods, the feed i could read states "SquidUtilsMod adds some config options to the vanilla game" so not sure myself...

ronny

Jul 29, 2019
Quite sure, considering I made the mod.
ahahahahaaaa, super, is there a version for 1.6.4 ? i should probably have included this info in the opening post but i really wanted to keep things as simple and to the point as possible;)

ronny

Jul 29, 2019
background info just in case and sort of because i've given up now anyway....
i'm running 1.6.4 as mentioned, i've tried doing this with OpenBlocks and can't find the correct nomenclature to include (by include i mean ban) termites for example, i used OpenBlocks to stop hecates from filling the world, these mobs are from another mod (ars magica 2 to be more precise), in the opener for OpenBlocks as far as i recall it states that it's capable of removing mobs from whatever mod so i thought i'd ask about how and so far i'm being asked either why i want to do this or being told that i'm posting in the wrong thread, i should post in OpenBlocks, i should post in orespawn... the people there are asking me why (again i need to explain myself way too much), and suggesting it can't be done, so i'm doing circles.
i'm told that OpenBlocks can't stop mobs from spawning so i tend to believe a lot of what's being said is just speculation at this point.
i'm running orespawn164v20 and OpenBlocks 1.2.7.

someone suggested i just don't give people give people spawn eggs, like that even makes sense ffs.

the world i'm running has thousands of these mobs in it spread over several tens of dimensions, so running a "kill termite" command as also has been suggested is just plain annoying for me to read. first off, there's no "kill [mobname]" command for 1.6.4, secondly i don't know what to call them even if i could run that command and thirdly i'd have to run this for every chunk so will likely take a year, fourthly this won't stop termites from being spawned in future.
i've tried as suggested dumping the data from mobs/entities using NEI, it turns out there's no dump data available for mobs, so that's also pointless.

i've tried "mob filter" mob which requires an api to use but can't that to to work, i can include the api but the mod itself refuses to appear no matter how i format it, the only thing this did was change the settings on my web browser (another things i'm getting tired of).

i've also tried "mob spawn controls" just in case, it states this is for vanilla but that's besides the point as it refuses to do anything for me anyway.

the example text from that post "OpenBlocks - disable mods" are all the variations i've tried to get this to work so as yet i've not stumbled on the solution, you can see i've tried a few hundred variations, i'm sure it can be done even though at this point it seems no-one knows how or at least isn't willing to post about it.

S

Sorenskakkongen

Someone please help me, I dont know how to make a post on here.... ;-;