Mod to help to create a mod pack.

redgamemaster

Jul 29, 2019
Hi everyone I want to create a mod pack in 1.5 for me and my sister to use but I want to keep item and block ID changing to a minimum is there a mod or some thing that I can use to help resolve some of the Id conflicts?

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
ID Resolver is, indeed, a simplistic method of solving ID conflicts.

Having said that, it will pretty much change every ID ever to optimize how many ID's are used. And there's a couple of glitches with intentionally overwritten ID's (Railcraft's rails, for example). But on the whole, if you're wanting to throw mods together into a melting pot, this is a great way to do so.

Reactions: ryanjh5521

wow

Jul 29, 2019
ID Resolver is, indeed, a simplistic method of solving ID conflicts.

Having said that, it will pretty much change every ID ever to optimize how many ID's are used. And there's a couple of glitches with intentionally overwritten ID's (Railcraft's rails, for example). But on the whole, if you're wanting to throw mods together into a melting pot, this is a great way to do so.
So it fixes all the IDs for you? And in theory I could just take 150 mods and they would all work together, no crashing cause ID conflicts?

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
So it fixes all the IDs for you? And in theory I could just take 150 mods and they would all work together, no crashing cause ID conflicts?
Assuming you don't hit the 4k figure, and barring specific mods which might cause problems with changing of the ID's (for example, Buildcraft goes nuts when you try to seperate Oil and Flowing Oil ID's), then yes.

Reactions: ryanjh5521

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
If you don't want to go down the id resolver route it is helpful to install NEI first. NEI has a helpful feature accessible in its menu that generates an ID dump and puts it in your minecraft folder. This will help you keep track of your block and item ids. Most mods these days (at least the ones found commonly in feed the beast) seem to try hard to not generate conflicting IDs. Adding them one at a time and paying attention to crash reports will give you all the information you need to resolve any ID conflicts that occur yourself. Common crashes inlcude illegal argument exception and then it quotes an id that is already occupied by something else. An easy way to fix this is by deleting your config folder. It will regenerate automatically next time you start minecraft up. If this fails manually editing the configs is good and especially easy if you have an up to date ID dump. There is another error called null pointer exception. It doesn't say in plain English that there is an ID conflict but when I put my personal modpack together and came across that error it was almost always solved by regenerating or editing the configs. And if you haven't already I strongly recommend using multiMC to put your modpack together, it is very convenient.

Disclaimer: I don't know how the game works or anything all the advice I have given above comes from my own attempts at making a modpack for my own personal use. I don't necessarily understand the crashlogs but through trial and error I have resolved most of my problems.

Good luck with your mod pack, have fun