Request Mod suggestions go here

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

macks2008

Jul 29, 2019
I decided to make my own thread because:
  1. Someone has closed the old one without opening a new one
  2. Jadedcat's guidelines post in this forum has a long-outdated link to one of the old threads
  3. Someone was so confused by this that they put a mod suggestion in the bug report section, which, while lazy, can just as much be blamed on the staff for not keeping things in order.
Hopefully one of these days one of the moderators will actually make sure all the guidelines are up to date and either make their own thread or sticky this one.

Edit: please use proper grammar when making a request. If your request is hard to understand, it's more likely to be ignored.

Last edited:

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I decided to make my own thread because:
  1. Someone has closed the old one without opening a new one
  2. Jadedcat's guidelines post in this forum has a long-outdated link to one of the old threads
  3. Someone was so confused by this that they put a mod suggestion in the bug report section, which, while lazy, can just as much be blamed on the staff for not keeping things in order.
Hopefully one of these days one of the moderators will actually make sure all the guidelines are up to date and either make their own thread or sticky this one.

1) Predates me being a mod, but was probably done for a reason. Threads don't get locked for no reason.
2) That post is extremely old and has not been changed since before Jaded left. Pretty sure that predates her first retirement and return.
3) Not our problem that they went there for it.

The pack team generally has ideas for what to do. If they want community input, they will most likely create another thread asking for input.

Reactions: VapourDrive

VapourDrive

Jul 29, 2019
We are making sure that the guidelines are up to date, but any change that is made needs to pass a lot of people for approval and then many more people need to be informed before this takes place. This also all happens in the background, not in broad daylight.

macks2008

Jul 29, 2019
Well, my apologies. In hindsight, perhaps I should have started a private conversation with a moderator or two before making a thread like this. Feel free to lock this.

Busti

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for making this Thread. Now I have a place to actually post my Suggestion for Infinity 1.7.10.
I run a "Bigger" server for my School Group and am a currently inactive mod developer (F*** Finals). Since there are also a lot of players on there who don't know how to install mods It is really hard to add a new one. Which would be Calclavias MFFS. It is in my opinion one of the best Force Filed mods and since there are none in the Pack I would like to it being added. it is sad that you obviously don' want any community interaction but I would still like to post my Suggestion.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Well, my apologies. In hindsight, perhaps I should have started a private conversation with a moderator or two before making a thread like this. Feel free to lock this.

There's no point in locking it, I'm just letting you know the reasoning behind everything. Personally I would rather see mod suggestions be collected in a single thread rather than have a new one pop up every few days, but it's not my call on making an official thread for that or making one a sticky.

macks2008

Jul 29, 2019
There's no point in locking it, I'm just letting you know the reasoning behind everything. Personally I would rather see mod suggestions be collected in a single thread rather than have a new one pop up every few days, but it's not my call on making an official thread for that or making one a sticky.
oh, okay. I'm in agreement that it's probably best all the suggestions get collected in one thread. It's the main reason I made this thread. What's the worst that can happen? Someone posts a junk or poorly written request? Speaking of which, looks like we've got one such request already. Please use proper grammar when making a request, or it's liable to get completely ignored

Last edited: