Mod suggestion, crafting list

motorhue

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I don't know if this mod exists, but with the huge amount of complicated crafting recipes in all the mods these days I have found the need for a new mod: The Crafting List!

What the mod should do is:
- Open some interface, drag all the item you want to craft (say, quarry, some engines, a chest and pipes) from NEI over there.
- Then the list tells you what materials you need to grab in its rawest form (x sticks, y redstone, z diamonds..)
- If you already have the wooden gear, you can drag it into the interface and it will be subtracted from the calculation

Easy way to know how much stuff you need when you set up your huge complicated system far away from home.

Code it plz! :) (yeah probably a pain considering all the weird ways different mods handles stuff but hey one can wish no?)

Wizaerd

Jul 29, 2019
I had a similiar idea, to build a mod that would build a checklist for items you wanted to build. Basically it'd create a shopping list you can have open in your UI while you're going from chest to chest to collect items, and as items were collected it'd be checked off the list. Because of the nested aspect of the recipes (build component A in order to build component B in order to build component C in order to build machine X) allow me to select the end item, and have a list of materials generated for me. But the important aspect is to let me have it open and readable while I'm moving from chest to chest to collect said materials. Either that or a printable PDF of all recipes from a given modpack so I can leaf through it, make notes, highlight items while in-game.

Reactions: Freyr and -Zero

maid450

Jul 29, 2019
You can try this webapp, it doesn't have all recipes from all the mods but it does have most of the main ones (BuildCraft 3, Logistics Pipes, IndustrialCraft², Advanced Machines, CompactSolars, Railcraft, RedPower 2 and Vanilla)
You tell what you want to buil in what quantity and it lists raw materials you'll need

Reactions: Freyr

Wizaerd

Jul 29, 2019
It is a bit useful, but could use a UI overhaul making selections a bit easier as well as displaying the actual recipes with the materials lists would go a long way towards making it more useful.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
This would be amazing, but before this we need better NEI functions. Like telling where to get things like mob drops or ambers or some other buggy things.