Mod(pack) of the Month?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
So I see there was a new entry added to FTB recently - it's listed as "Modpack of the Month: Botania".

But when I click on it, I see an image that says "Mod of the Month, June 2015, Botania".

Then I look at the mod list, and there are a lot more mods than just Botania in the modpack.

So, my questions:
1. Is it "mod of the month", or "modpack of the month"?
2. Why are there many more mods in the pack than just the featured mod? Are they meant to be mods that "play nice" with Botania, or mods that are similar/compatible with Botania?
3. It's already August - will we see a new modpack like this one every month? Where is July's?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
1. Its "A pack for the mod of the month" if you like.
2. You nailed it with "play nice."
3. I think they decided every month was too ambitious and switched to every three or some such. Or I may be making this up, I forget.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks Pyure. Every three months will be fine I guess, I think this is a terrific idea for those of us who are always looking for something new and interesting to play. I generally open the FTB launcher every day, but if I don't see anything new, I just close it. Kinda bored with the current selection of modpacks (which is no fault of anybody's except myself).

I'd like to add my own suggestion for a modpack... since the two things I really enjoy about Minecraft seem to be missing from a lot of packs...
1. More ores to mine and to make stuff with. Such as "Metallurgy" mod, which I don't see in very many modpacks. Yeah, I'm a Gregtech kinda guy, love GT to death, but that mod is currently in limbo while Greg works on it.
2. More exploration mods. Part of the reason I get bored with Minecraft is that every world looks and plays similarly. One modpack's world looks just like every other modpack's world. What are some good mods for those of use who love exploring the world and finding new/cool things in it?

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Thanks Pyure. Every three months will be fine I guess, I think this is a terrific idea for those of us who are always looking for something new and interesting to play. I generally open the FTB launcher every day, but if I don't see anything new, I just close it. Kinda bored with the current selection of modpacks (which is no fault of anybody's except myself).
I haven't played an official FTB pack in over a year. Third Party packs get constant updates and attention, and are of equal or better quality in many cases.
And there's really something for everyone in that pool.