• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chaka

FTB Team
Mod Developer
Retired Staff
Dec 24, 2013
New Jersey
So. I was thinking what if there was a mod that enhanced the end and the nether. Maybe it would add some structure gen maybe some new biomes and trees. Ores. Stuff like that. So who thinks this would be a good idea. Who would use this. And What should it be called?

Chaka

FTB Team
Mod Developer
Retired Staff
Dec 24, 2013
New Jersey
For example, Biomes O' Plenty. it has all the things. Mostly For the world. Where as this mod would be focused on the End/Nether and I would be able to add things to make it better. Maybe a nether boss or another end boss, End and nether ores, Blaze Powder and Enderpearl Ore. Things like that.

atomicgermx69

Jul 29, 2019
I always thought a rare biome in the nether like the land in the book or movie
Journey To The Center Of Earth would be neat. with a cool mob boss of some kind etc.

Reactions: Chaka

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I'd only find it useful if a mod like this makes it actually possible to start out in these dimensions.
with that I mean that you would be able to start a new world and start out in the end or the nether instead of the overworld.

Chaka

FTB Team
Mod Developer
Retired Staff
Dec 24, 2013
New Jersey
Ok I changed it so the poll will close 7 days from now.
Make it! But finish the CandyNugget mod first...

Yeah, it would be cool if it had nether plants, food, animals, water, etc.
I will have finished the candynugget mod by then. And from the way it looks right now i believe that i will be making this mod.

imPlayin

Jul 29, 2019
Make the End more interesting! Make it look like an actual fortress of the Enderdragon not just a chunk of End Stone with some stupid pillars!

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Natura and Gany's Nether make hell at least look nicer, so my main desire for hell would be more structures other than the same boring nether fortress sixty million times over. I also agree that the End could do with some serious sprucing-up. Its not a very interesting boss battle arena, as it stands; it has no feeling of grandeur, its just not imposing...its completely, utterly boring.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Natura and Gany's Nether make hell at least look nicer, so my main desire for hell would be more structures other than the same boring nether fortress sixty million times over. I also agree that the End could do with some serious sprucing-up. Its not a very interesting boss battle arena, as it stands; it has no feeling of grandeur, its just not imposing...its completely, utterly boring.
So true the ender dragon can be beaten with just a fair to good bow, you dont even need flight, but it helps :), spam arrows & if it gets near you slap it with a sword.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
For the end there is already Hardcore Ender Expansion and I think that mod is already good enough. But perhaps the Nether could use some extra stuff.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
For the end there is already Hardcore Ender Expansion and I think that mod is already good enough. But perhaps the Nether could use some extra stuff.
Aye, but you can always have more, ya know? Sides, the pack I'm playing on (Yogscast Complete w/ optionals) has Hardcore Ender Expansion, and while the fight with the dragon was certainly MUCH more interesting (place looks like a damned warzone now, which is awesome), it doesn't add much to the End itself to make it any more interesting, outside a couple ores, plants, and some goop...and maybe some crap way out there that I haven't found yet, because I can't be arsed to explore the End because the main part of it is still incredibly humdrum.