Mob Transportation via Conveyer Belts

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

JuliCash

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Guys,

i want to setup a little modbreeding-are with MFR.
But i have a Problem.

The Mobs have to go a rather long distance via Conveyer Belts. But they kind of resist the Belts. The Move in the other Direction and not get pushed enough

Any Suggestions?

thx

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
When using conveyors I get the most out of them when I force the enemies into a 1 wide hallway. Even if they try to fight against the conveyor the mobs behind them will make sure they go forward into their eventual doom. So, what you'll want is something that'll get them into such an area efficiently for the conveyors to work.

JuliCash

Jul 29, 2019
yeah, i have a 1-wide hallway, the problem is, that i have a breeder-station, which a chronotyper, which sucks the babies out. So usually there is only one mob at a time on the conveyer-belt..

JuliCash

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm i have thought about it, but i like the style with the conveyerbelts much more, i have to say

ill try to find a solution, maybe its only a problem with the babies, as they have an urge to go home to their parents..

if i dont find a proper solution, i will use water i think

Predatorkillol

Jul 29, 2019
You could have them dropping down a block every so often to reduce the distance they go back or you could use minecarts to transport them

hotblack desiato

Jul 29, 2019
and how about an IC2 teleporter constantly supplied with a redstone signal? and the receiver teleporter does not get any energy, so teleporting back is just impossible.

since animal weight is just 100, it's really cheap to teleport them.

EDIT: the alternative, since it is already a breeding age: drop them into a mystcraft portal.

JuliCash

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, a lot of possible Solutions... thank you
i like the idea with dropping them 1 block, but as my area is pretty much layed out already ive come up with a different solution: i just put a chronotyper every so often in the conveyer belt, that will suck the animals, who stuck...

greetings

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
If your transporting babies they have a natural tendency to want to return to their mother, which makes them very prone to resist conveyers and water streams. Also note that last I checked baby cows are taller then one block by a small amount for stopping them from jump will be tricky but the other babies should be able to fir into one block tall gaps.

another option would be minecarts instead of the conveyers but that is more space intensive.

hotblack desiato

Jul 29, 2019
hmm, the overly cruelly method: (which does not work as intended due to a bug.. could be considered cheating)

grind the babymobs and pump the mob essence to an auto-spawner (which currently doesn't need mob essence)

grinding a mob gives 100mb of monster essence.

I don't know, how much spawning a mob costs, but if it's the same 100mb, then you are capable of pumping mobs around...

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Another method is one I saw used in someone else's video. Have a chronotyper to move the babies into a pen and then another chronotyper to move them after they're fully grown onto a conveyor of death. Of course the other option is to bypass breeding altogether and go with a soul shards spawner and grind the mobs for essence or w/e you want.