MMC

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
So i was recommended to use MMC, i have a very good computer i average 100-150 FPS on most mod packs on high settings but i have an issue where randomly i have to relaunch FTB because i will drop down to ~5-10 FPS for no reason, the only fix is to relaunch it the full FTB Launcher, just relogging wont work. I downloaded MMC, i started a new instance,downloaded forge and copy and pasted the mod pack folder into the mmc instance folder. When i launch it the window comes up but just stays black then goes to not responding. ive searched google and nothing ive found is updated so i cant do a step by step to figure out what im doing wrong, any help would be appreciated. If i cant post this here im sorry.

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
It's probably that you downloaded the wrong version of Forge; I'm not sure how to toggle it, but MultiMC has a feature where another window runs the MC log. Keep an eye on that to see if anything seems to be going wrong.

Also, MultiMC, if you hit the Settings button and tell it where the path to your FTB files is, will be able to launch FTB instances without copying anything; you'll be able to run with a guaranteed right version of Forge that way.

I have a little trouble personally with MultiMC where large FTB modpacks suddenly freeze and stop loading when they're almost through the startup process, but perhaps you'll have better luck.