MJ through Dimensions

SutrangSucher

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using the Direwolf Modpack
How is the best way to get MJ to another dimension without setting an engine in the "other" Dimension?

Example:
A---x---B

A = Engine Room
- = Pipe
x = "The other dimension"
B = for example the quarry

Sorry for my bad english, I'm german

eculc

Jul 29, 2019
Your best bet is probably to use a pair of power tesseracts (from thermal expansion). you can set both to the same frequency, connect one to your power source, and the other to your quarry or other machine. Be careful though, you lose 25% of any energy you put into a power tesseract (so if you put 100 MJ/t into it, the other one will output 75 MJ/t for the same amount of time).

Reactions: RedBoss

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
The other option I can recall off the top of my head (use only, if the 25% loss is not acceptable, since the power tesseract is the easiest option):
Charge a Redstone Energy Cell (short: RECell) at your engine room, break it with a wrench (for automating you'll need an engineering turtle), send the RECell via ender chest or item tesseract to your quarry, where you deploy them. When the RECell is empty, break it (wrenching is not necessary here) and port it back via another ender chest or item tesseract.

Blastedsura

Jul 29, 2019
although you can change the % of that loss in the thermal expansion config file and set all the way from 0% to 99% (if you're playing SSP)