MJ storage

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Proximity666

Jul 29, 2019
How can i store buildcraft energy? I know there's the redstone energy cell but that takes quite a while to get, is there another way?

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
The redstone energy conduits also store up to 10000 MJ if nothing is using it. There is no way to see how much a conduit has stored, though.

Nice thing about the cell is that you can relocate it and keep the power stored in it. Way better than what IC2 has for mobile storage since you need to use some kind of batteries to drain storage blocks to keep the power and the Lappacks do not work with BatBoxes etc.

madaffacca

Jul 29, 2019
Is there some way to auto-switch off the engine when the redstone cell is full? It seems that logic gates don't play that well, applying one of them to the pipe next to the cell doesn't give any option, and power pass through even if the cell is full.

Bluehorazon

Jul 29, 2019
TE has an internal storage for Machines and if I'm not mistaken also for the Engines. But well this is only slightly useful.

damnedsky

Jul 29, 2019
Is there some way to auto-switch off the engine when the redstone cell is full? It seems that logic gates don't play that well, applying one of them to the pipe next to the cell doesn't give any option, and power pass through even if the cell is full.
This would be quite and interesting system to see built. I have to say though, that by the time you get an energy cell you probably have enough resources to make a continuous BC energy production system and the energy loss would be minor or even welcomed.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
TE engines connected via conduits are energy state aware. If you use for example magmatic engines connected via conduits to charge the cell, and the cell fills up, the engines should throttle down to 10% load (that is the minimum).

I say "should" because that feature is only advertised to work with machines (pulverizer etc.) and not specifically with cells. I haven't tried it out though, since I tend to use Railcraft engines.

Status
Not open for further replies.