Mixing Peaceful and Survival?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

neeneko

Jul 29, 2019
Hey all.

So I have a specific thing I am trying to accomplish, and I am wondering what might be the best way of going about it. I am still pretty new at this so I am getting a handle on what options are out there.

I have spun up a Direwolf20 1.5v2 server with MCPC+ & Essentials. I am using Mystcraft ages to have a few 'visitor only' dimensions where players can interact with blocks but not build or destroy. That is working fine, but the next part I am struggling with, specifically preventing hostile mobs from spawning.

I was originally hoping Essentials could do this, but it appears that it can only switch mobs on or off globally. The ideal solution would be to have the server set to survival but a restricted set of ages set to peaceful, but so far I have not found any way to do this. Unfortunately one of the ages uses the native biome controller and is fairly open, so I can not use the 'mushroom biome' trick.

Any suggestions?

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
With essentials i'm not too sure but with Rcmds you can set the difficulty different in any world vanilla or not, so one world could be on hard and another on peaceful.

neeneko

Jul 29, 2019
Try using MultiVerse and setting the world to Peaceful

Well, multiverse got me part of the way there, but sadly it turns out there is a bug (that the Multiverse developers say that they can not reproduce) that causes 'difficulty' to reset every time the world loads. Hunger seems to stick, as does preventing hostile mob spawning (outside blue slimes, which keep spawning anyway) are sticking so this might do the trick.

pherce

Jul 29, 2019
I guess it boils down to why you want it on peaceful. Do you just not want players to take any damage for events or something ( /god)? Or is it simply an eye candy world for your visitors?

Does the mv bug happen on world creation too? I haven't really had to toggle those per-world options yet with mv, but I know a default mv world is set to Peaceful in the config. If creation isn't bugged then you could build a script to: /mvunload (unloads players), /mvdelete (remove folder/config options so you don't need to /mvreload), copy in a backup world to your ./minecraft/world folder, and then /mvimport yourworldname. Hey, it's sorta crazy but at least its scripted. I haven't tried any other world plugins in quite some time to offer other suggestions.

IF the world creation doesn't bug out and everything works, make sure to force the world loaded in the bukkit.yml. Just make sure to remove the uid.dat if the world name is going to change.

neeneko

Jul 29, 2019
@pherce

Heh, while thinking about your solution, I think I just thought of an even lazier way to handle it. CommandBlock+ComputerCraft, reset the flag every time the world loads.

pherce

Jul 29, 2019
Nice, the biome trick StaticPixel mentioned would probably work too. It's doable with WorldEdit.

xSeaBiscuit

Jul 29, 2019
Worldguard, with it you can define an area and set flags (stop creeper grief, no mob spawn, eg...). Or make a world on Peaceful in SINGLE PLAYER port it over, and link it with what ever multi-world plugin you got. Good Luck!