Mining Tier 7 in TiCo

JoeDolca

Jul 29, 2019
The tier also named "Mannyulynn". What blocks are in this tier? Just Mannyulynn and all it's byproducts? IF that's it, then making a Mannyulynn pick/hammer would be a waste aside from the durability increase...

At least personally. I wouldn't waste a tonne of Cobalt/Ardite in making decorative blocks...

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Except that the more durability the longer you can benefit from the increased speed from Stonebound. So with the huge durability bonus of say a Many handle, and the rest being Ardite for the best Stonebound, you'll make a very big impression on the world.

SynfulChaot

Jul 29, 2019
But the length you can take advantage of the durability can be circumvented by the electric/flux modified tools, which can maintain at 1 durability indefinitely.

JoeDolca

Jul 29, 2019
Except that the more durability the longer you can benefit from the increased speed from Stonebound. So with the huge durability bonus of say a Many handle, and the rest being Ardite for the best Stonebound, you'll make a very big impression on the world.
I did clarify in the OP that it was ASIDE from the durability increase. I mean, a manyullynn pick HEAD is worthless over a cobalt head, which is faster and also durable enough, or an ardite head that'd give you infinity stonebound for DAAAYUM speeds at low durabilities.

Dee_Twenty

Jul 29, 2019
As far as I know of, yes mahna mahna is the only material that can only be mined with mahna mahna.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I understand, but I'm saying that it's the secondary benefits of that tremendous durability that make it worth it.

Since many does not naturally occur, all that mining level means is that it can mine ANYTHING. The best use is handles and sword blades.

If you're after a super pick, Many Handle, Ardite Binding, Cobalt Head. Head determines mining speed, binding gives up the special power, and the Handle modifier determines final durability. You can mine for a very long time with that.

JoeDolca

Jul 29, 2019
I understand, but I'm saying that it's the secondary benefits of that tremendous durability that make it worth it.
Yes, I know that, I know all of this, that's why I specified it in the op... I know durability from the handles is useful, I know the blade damage is the best period, but this is the title:

Mining Tier 7 in TiCo

SO we have succefully stablished that Mannyulynn is not useful as a pick or hammer head...

What about axes and shovels? Does it matter at all that mining levels is higher? Does it make it any faster? Is there any wood that requires higher mining levels?

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
Itnt it t5? o_O Annyway, it has a use when using metalurgy and that TiC addon adding the metalurgy metals to TiC. With that, the max mining level is 7.

As far as without it, yes manananana is kinda pointless for tools. Cobalt is faster as a head material, ardite is better as a handle and paper is better at everything else. With Thaumcraft thaumium takes over from ardite as the tool handle (roughly same speed at all times instead of when low). For repair purposes steel is the easyest if you use a mod that has a way to make steel (or get chain armor from a mob farm). If you have IC2/TE3 you can just put an electric mod on it and not worry about durability at all.

For weapons manananana is usefull as the blade as it provides the most damage, but with thaumcraft id agrue that thaumium is once again better because of the extra mod, everything else on a weapon is paper annyway as a single moss ball keeps it from breaking at all times. Or, ofcourse, an electric mod :p

JoeDolca

Jul 29, 2019
Itnt it t5? o_O Annyway, it has a use when using metalurgy and that TiC addon adding the metalurgy metals to TiC. With that, the max mining level is 7.

As far as without it, yes manananana is kinda pointless for tools. Cobalt is faster as a head material, ardite is better as a handle and paper is better at everything else. With Thaumcraft thaumium takes over from ardite as the tool handle (roughly same speed at all times instead of when low). For repair purposes steel is the easyest if you use a mod that has a way to make steel (or get chain armor from a mob farm). If you have IC2/TE3 you can just put an electric mod on it and not worry about durability at all.

For weapons manananana is usefull as the blade as it provides the most damage, but with thaumcraft id agrue that thaumium is once again better because of the extra mod, everything else on a weapon is paper annyway as a single moss ball keeps it from breaking at all times. Or, ofcourse, an electric mod :p
Oh, I got the number from Horizons, of course it'd be 7... normally it's 5, yes. It makes me wonder, what are 4 and 5 with metallurgy? All the tools skipped directly to Cobalt 6.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
There must be a mod that alters tiers. I know Cobalt/Ardite are tier 4 normally and steel tools made with Tinkers can mine it. Mannyulynn is tier 5 and that is the highest. If you have Metallurgy installed with Extra TiC, tier 6 and 7 can be mined using fantasy metal tools such as Tartarite. A full tartarite tool should have 27000 durability if my math is right.

JoeDolca

Jul 29, 2019
There must be a mod that alters tiers. I know Cobalt/Ardite are tier 4 normally and steel tools made with Tinkers can mine it. Mannyulynn is tier 5 and that is the highest. If you have Metallurgy installed with Extra TiC, tier 6 and 7 can be mined using fantasy metal tools such as Tartarite. A full tartarite tool should have 27000 durability if my math is right.
Interesting. Can you link me any guide on the metallurgy metals properties for TiCo? I've been looking all over the place and couldn't find one...