Mining age without Mystcraft

Gammelvarg

Jul 29, 2019
Hello! I have been searching for a mod that you can create some sort of alternate dimension, similar to the overworld (ala mystcraft) just so I can mine there instead of destroying the main world. In 1.5.2 mystcraft changed, and the ages created are really weird for me, they all (70+) are dark and almost all of them rain constantly.

So what I'm wondering, do any of you guys and girls know of such a mod?
I know about Twilight Forest, but kinda want a regular kind of world to mine in. It feels a little bit cheaty setting up a quarry on a hallow hill.

If not I guess I'll just use mystcraft to create a nexus and teleport far far away from the base to set it up.

Thanks in advance

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
In 1.5.2 mystcraft changed, and the ages created are really weird for me, they all (70+) are dark and almost all of them rain constantly.
The solution to your problem is pretty simple. You're going to have to adventure around the overworld (and/or some Mystcraft ages) to find the "No Weather" page (or whatever it's called) and the Normal or Light pages. If you can only find the pages for the lighting, I recommend installing Extra Utilities (http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1776056-15xforge-extra-utilities-v024/) and creating a Rain Muffler, which removes the sound from rain.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
there is another starcarft or something like that, its based on stargate, so you make stargates & travel to new worlds or link up you base/nether/tf/etc

JezuitX

Jul 29, 2019
Twilight Forest. Mine the hell out of it, once it's used up, delete the folder for it, create a new portal, and I believe that should create a brand new Twilight Forest to pillage. Not using the mod exactly as intended, but I'm thinking outside the box here.