Minetweaker....

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Zen300

Jul 29, 2019
So...
I wanted to take the green heart & green heart canister recipe from Agrarian Skies and import it into the pack I'm playing.... And to my understanding of how minetweaker works... I should have been able to just copy and paste the recipe in the configs from AgS into the minetweaker config in DW20 pack (after dropping the minetweaker mod into it).

I did this...
And, went into a test world... Well 2, one in creative and one in survival. Nether of them when I pressed R over them or U, gave me the recipe I wanted in NEI. Even sitting at a crafting table with the Yellow Heart in the middle and 8 emeralds around it (AgS recipe for a green heart) its not giving me the proper result...

Now I will say, all I took out of the Minetweaker configs in the AgS folder were the recipes for the heart & canister and drop it directly into the main.cfg file. Could this be the cause of this problem? DO I actually need to make a separate file and directory it like in the AgS folder?

Thanks in advance for the help, this is my first time experimenting with minetweaker and everything I've seen (in the wiki too) seems to point to this working... But in practice its not.
~Zen

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
AgS uses a separate file to map custom item names to item IDs, you probably need to grab the relevant entries from there as well.

Reactions: buggirlexpres

Zen300

Jul 29, 2019
AgS uses a separate file to map custom item names to item IDs, you probably need to grab the relevant entries from there as well.
I presume your speaking of the file titled "Dictionary.cfg"?

It does include the canisters... All of them in fact... I put it into the main config as well... And still nothing.

Narc

Jul 29, 2019
Do absolutely all the referenced block and item IDs in your config files actually match the ones in-game? Does Minetweaker report anything to the server log while starting up? Have you added yourself to the "admin" list in the main Minetweaker config so that it would report to you in in-game chat?

MT is not particularly user-friendly, but a good way to mess around with it for relatively simple recipes is to set up the recipes in the world folder (make a minetweaker directory in the world folder and put your configs in there), at which point you can use "/minetweaker reload" to reload them in mid-game. This is much quicker than stopping the server/closing the client and waiting for it to start up again, however not all mods' crafting handlers support being diddled in the middle of a game. But for simple crafting and smelting recipes, it should work okay.

Zen300

Jul 29, 2019
Do absolutely all the referenced block and item IDs in your config files actually match the ones in-game? Does Minetweaker report anything to the server log while starting up? Have you added yourself to the "admin" list in the main Minetweaker config so that it would report to you in in-game chat?

MT is not particularly user-friendly, but a good way to mess around with it for relatively simple recipes is to set up the recipes in the world folder (make a minetweaker directory in the world folder and put your configs in there), at which point you can use "/minetweaker reload" to reload them in mid-game. This is much quicker than stopping the server/closing the client and waiting for it to start up again, however not all mods' crafting handlers support being diddled in the middle of a game. But for simple crafting and smelting recipes, it should work okay.

Last I checked, the ID's for everything needed are the same.. I've had no ID conflicts with anything TiCo or Vanilla. And I removed the admin with my own character's name... The only mention of it in the console log is just that its become activated, control+f returned nothing but 2 entries... Both stating that it was activated.

Narc

Jul 29, 2019
Well, then, I don't have enough information. Show me the script, relevant sections of the TiC configs showing the item IDs for all the components, and maybe pastebin a complete ForgeModLoader-client-0.log, and we'll see what we see.

Zen300

Jul 29, 2019
Well, then, I don't have enough information. Show me the script, relevant sections of the TiC configs showing the item IDs for all the components, and maybe pastebin a complete ForgeModLoader-client-0.log, and we'll see what we see.
The forgemodloader being the console list when you boot up the game? If so;
http://pastebin.com/sLRaEprY

The script is here (This is the entire base config file "main.cfg" that I have for MineTweaker):
Code:
# See the forum post for example and documentation.
version 2;

# set your list of server admin usernames here
# admins are privileged users and will receive
# any error messages that might occur.
minetweaker.setAdmins("Souzen300");

# Add your commands here

#Green Heart Recipe
recipes.addShaped(GreenHeart, [        [Emerald, Emerald, Emerald],
                                    [Emerald, YellowHeart, Emerald],
                                    [Emerald, Emerald, Emerald]]);

#Green Heart Canister Recipe
recipes.addShaped(GreenHeartCanister, [        [EnderEye, EnderEye, null],
                                    [EmptyCanister, GreenHeart, null],
                                    [null, null, null]]);

And the ID configs from TiCo;
http://pastebin.com/HZem2h5v

Seeing this, I think if the I:"Heart Canister"=14105 line pertains to ALL of the heart canisters, then there is a difference between configs and game, as in-game the Green Heart Canister is 14361:6. But looking purely at the TiCo configs I can't see anything standing out that is wrong.

Thanks for all the help with this... Hopefully you or someone else sees my error.

Narc

Jul 29, 2019
The forgemodloader being the console list when you boot up the game?
No, being a file named ForgeModLoader-client-0.log, probably in C:\Users\James\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\IE\IRJ7795P\Direwolf20_1_6_4\minecraft\ (odd location for your FTB instances to be, but that's what your launcher log says, so...).

The launcher log can be set to hide some lines, but the FML log always has everything. I don't believe MineTweaker will report anything unless you actually load up a world, though.

The script is here (This is the entire base config file "main.cfg" that I have for MineTweaker):
Code:
version 2;

# Add your commands here

#Green Heart Recipe

[null, null, null]]);
Okay, so you're trying to reference things by name without having assigned any IDs to the names. You need some lines like
Code:
Emerald = <388>;
EnderEye = <381>;

YellowHeart = <14361:3>;
GreenHeart = <14361:5>;
GreenHeartCanister = <14361:6>;

EmptyCanister = <14361>;
and they need to go before you actually try to add the recipes. Nothing in Minetweaker has a name unless you actually give it one -- that's what Dictionary.cfg was doing for AgSkies.

That said, you shouldn't take the whole Dictionary.cfg unless you have *all the mods* with *all the items* in the exact same IDs. Better to just grab the relevant entries, as @belgabor said (and as I posted above).

And the ID configs from TiCo;
http://pastebin.com/HZem2h5v

Seeing this, I think if the I:"Heart Canister"=14105 line pertains to ALL of the heart canisters, then there is a difference between configs and game, as in-game the Green Heart Canister is 14361:6.
Correct -- all item IDs inside configuration files need to have 256 added to them to give you the in-game item ID. A leftover from really early Minecraft. Note that Minetweaker wants the IDs after they've been shifted, so your heart canisters (and empty canisters, and hearts) are at 14105 + 256 = 14361.

Zen300

Jul 29, 2019
So with what your telling me Narc....
Is that Minetweaker itself in my script does not recognize "Emerald" as an Emerald because I never went and defined the Item ID that Emerald has as Emerald (redundant seeming but must be due to the ability to rename items via Minetweaker). Therefore when the script runs with boot-up it just kind of ignores the recipe as it is just a bunch of mumbo-jumbo to Minetweaker. Words without a context, so by defining the context (specifying that 388 = Emerald for example) it will recognize that the word Emerald has meaning. Thus anytime afterwards in the script that Emerald is referenced it will known that I mean whatever is attached to Item ID 388. Kind of how a function works in LUA, define a word as a set of "if true then", "while true do", etc and when you reference that word later it knows what it should do.

So if the above is correct, my issue should be solved by just defining what all the words in a given recipe are. So defining yellow heart, emerald, Ender eye, etc. Seem like I am on the right track here? Or way off course?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
So with what your telling me Narc....
Is that Minetweaker itself in my script does not recognize "Emerald" as an Emerald because I never went and defined the Item ID that Emerald has as Emerald (redundant seeming but must be due to the ability to rename items via Minetweaker). Therefore when the script runs with boot-up it just kind of ignores the recipe as it is just a bunch of mumbo-jumbo to Minetweaker. Words without a context, so by defining the context (specifying that 388 = Emerald for example) it will recognize that the word Emerald has meaning. Thus anytime afterwards in the script that Emerald is referenced it will known that I mean whatever is attached to Item ID 388. Kind of how a function works in LUA, define a word as a set of "if true then", "while true do", etc and when you reference that word later it knows what it should do.

So if the above is correct, my issue should be solved by just defining what all the words in a given recipe are. So defining yellow heart, emerald, Ender eye, etc. Seem like I am on the right track here? Or way off course?

if I understand it, that should be the way of doing it
you're able to use Minetweaker without having to define each and every block/item but you'd then be required to name the precise ID of the block/item in every recipe

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
First I want to say that MT is basically the best thing to happen to modded minecraft since NEI.

I've only played with Minetweaker one time. As I recall, I had to add ID definitions to a configuration list of some sort. I can't remember what its called, and I'm unable to go look atm.

Once that was done, I simply added the recipes using those definitions. It was nice because the names could essentially be arbitrary: you could call it "MyMagicalEmerald" which was bound to ID#4444 and you were good to go.

I'm 99.9% sure this is all completely useless information.

Narc

Jul 29, 2019
Completely, 100% correct. You've got it.

Zen300

Jul 29, 2019
Completely, 100% correct. You've got it.
Except it didn't solve it....
I added the definitions just as you post BEFORE the #Green Heart Recipe line in the script... Nothing... Below is the script itself incase I'm not seeing something;
Code:
version 2;

# Add your commands here
Emerald = <388>;
EnderEye = <381>;

YellowHeart = <14361:3>;
GreenHeart = <14361:5>;
GreenHeartCanister = <14361:6>;

EmptyCanister = <14361>;

#Green Heart Recipe

[null, null, null]]);

I'm staring ingame at a crafting table with a yellow heart surrounded by emeralds... Nothing... Even making a new world... nothing.

Narc

Jul 29, 2019
Well, the script is now demonstrably completely correct, so it sounds like you've run into the same road bump @Yusunoha's been having in this other thread. Is MT saying anything in chat when you load the world? If not, there could be something wrong with it.

For what it's worth, it's working in my modified Monster -- I just picked up your script with no change other than to change your ingame name with my own in the MT admins list. Here, maybe you'll see something different in this image.

Does AgSkies have a different version of MineTweaker? It should be v2.3.1 for Minecraft 1.6.4, and I'd be surprised if it weren't, but it's worth checking regardless.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Well, the script is now demonstrably completely correct, so it sounds like you've run into the same road bump @Yusunoha's been having in this other thread. Is MT saying anything in chat when you load the world? If not, there could be something wrong with it.

For what it's worth, it's working in my modified Monster -- I just picked up your script with no change other than to change your ingame name with my own in the MT admins list. Here, maybe you'll see something different in this image.

Does AgSkies have a different version of MineTweaker? It should be v2.3.1 for Minecraft 1.6.4, and I'd be surprised if it weren't, but it's worth checking regardless.

nope, Agrarian Skies has the same version of Minetweaker as Monster
weird thing is I copied all the config files from Agrarian Skies, which were working in that pack, over to my custom modpack and it did not work
so there's probably a mod, or a specific mod version that's causing Minetweaker to not work

Narc

Jul 29, 2019
nope, Agrarian Skies has the same version of Minetweaker as Monster
weird thing is I copied all the config files from Agrarian Skies, which were working in that pack, over to my custom modpack and it did not work
so there's probably a mod, or a specific mod version that's causing Minetweaker to not work
Well, we can rule out everything that's in my variant of Monster, then. That may help reduce the number of things you'd need to check.

Zen300

Jul 29, 2019
I will say the following;
1. I am using MT3, as that was the latest 1.6.4 download. Could this be the root cause? When I get home later I will try and dig up a MT2 file like what the thread you provided me says he is using (and AgS if my understanding is correct)

2. FML reports a line along the lines of MC.meta--something not present or not running and may cause problems with MT3. In fact it is on a line with MT3, I cannot remember what it actually says and will not be able to till much later when I get home. Could this be is?

Cause after those two ideas... I got nothing.

Narc

Jul 29, 2019
I will say the following;
1. I am using MT3, as that was the latest 1.6.4 download. Could this be the root cause? When I get home later I will try and dig up a MT2 file like what the thread you provided me says he is using (and AgS if my understanding is correct)
Yeah, MineTweaker 3 has a different syntax. I'd say that would be the most likely source of the issues.

Zen300

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, MineTweaker 3 has a different syntax. I'd say that would be the most likely source of the issues.
C&P'ed the MT mod from AgS into my DW20 pack, loaded up the word... and crafting recipe worked.

Sometimes... its the simplest thing that causes the problems lol.

Reactions: Narc