Minetweaker questions

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Im putting together a new batch of mods for myself and Id like to go the extra mile this time and well...tweak some things. But none of my attempts with Minetweaker have been successful yet and Id appreciate some advice.

So first off, how would I go about adding ore dictionary support to a block so its considered the same as another block? Theres a weird conflict with chisel and flans mod I could fix with this. And how do I add a shapeless recipe? I want to make craftable spawn eggs for the animals in Mocreatures instead of having them spawn normally.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I think the forum needs a pinned "Ask a Minetweaker" question. Getting increasing number of posts, which is great, just shows people are thinking beyond "all the mods" now in packs.

Reactions: Narc

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
I think the forum needs a pinned "Ask a Minetweaker" question. Getting increasing number of posts, which is great, just shows people are thinking beyond "all the mods" now in packs.

I have specific plans in mind for all of the mods I have installed. If I cant get some actual advice with minetweaker though, Ill just cheat items in and pretend I crafted them. I used a different mod in 1.2.5 for this sort of thing. Mighty Pork's custom recipes. It was a lot easier to work with.

Last edited:

ProfessorMudkip

Jul 29, 2019
I have specific plans in mind for all of the mods I have installed. If I cant get some actual advice with minetweaker though, Ill just cheat items in and pretend I crafted them. I used a different mod in 1.2.5 for this sort of thing. Mighty Pork's custom recipes. It was a lot easier to work with.
We'd need to know the ID of the items you want to use and how you plan to use them.

Narc

Jul 29, 2019
So what's the actual advice you need? The wiki articles that @ProfessorMudkip linked seem to answer your questions (how to add things to the ore dictionary and how to add shapeless recipes, respectively).

One good thing to do is pick up a mod pack that already does Minetweaker stuff (Agrarian Skies is a good one) and just see how they did things. It'll give you a feel for how things work and what they should look like.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Ok first how would I make it so id 2790 is considered the same as an iron block? Pretty sure I know where to paste the code.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Im sure Ive tried that already, I think ive changed my mind about including Flans mod anyway. Even aside from the iron block weirdness in the recipes, its full of bugs. Im looking at the Monster and Agrarian skies minetweaker configs now, I should be able to handle the Mocreatures spawn eggs idea with a bit of copy pasting. Its just a matter of figuring out what goes into the recipes. Im thinking something that requires some infrastructure in the Mad Science mod but I know almost nothing about it yet.

And thanks for the help guys, sorry that I posted while annoyed. It can be frustrating to repeatedly try something out and have to reload the game to see its still not working.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Yep, can be that way, especially with the long loading times of big packs. Gets quite frustrating.

Reactions: epidemia78