Minetweaker and modtweaker. What ways do you use it?

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
I am making chemical essence a super complex essence for magical crops and MineChem integration. If anyone wants to use my scripts you can contact me and I'll keep them available as long as credit is given(Just a note in the description and notifying me is fine)

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
So far, my primary usage is to remove recipes and remove items from loot tables in order to enforce progression.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Thus far I have used them to make uncraftable items craftable (TiC Green Heart Cannister, DimDoors WorldThread),
improve mod-interaction (GC Oil -> BC Fuel, Alumite Pickaxe Head (Iguana TT) -> Terrain Smasher, MFR Laser Drill - TC4 Infused Stone, ),
hide items from NEI (CustomNPC's guns),
make crafting recipes harder (Draconic Evolution),
modify the ore dictionary (Pixelmon aluminium recipes, Extra Utilities Full Chest, GC Silicon, Choosing only one of each ingot, block or nugget type to be the output of recipes) and
create reverse crafting recipes (TiC Empty Canister -> Molten Aluminium).

Reactions: jdog1408

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Thus far I have used them to make uncraftable items craftable (TiC Green Heart Cannister, DimDoors WorldThread),
improve mod-interaction (GC Oil -> BC Fuel, Alumite Pickaxe Head (Iguana TT) -> Terrain Smasher, MFR Laser Drill - TC4 Infused Stone, ),
hide items from NEI (CustomNPC's guns),
make crafting recipes harder (Draconic Evolution),
modify the ore dictionary (Pixelmon aluminium recipes, Extra Utilities Full Chest, GC Silicon, Choosing only one of each ingot, block or nugget type to be the output of recipes) and
create reverse crafting recipes (TiC Empty Canister -> Molten Aluminium).
Ahh yes, I have used Minetweaker many times to make mods feel a bit more complete. *Cough*Extra TiC stats*Cough*

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
You know that you can do that with Iguana Tweaks, right? That is the main reason why the functionality to tweak the stats is not a part of Extra Tic, for as far as I know.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
You know that you can do that with Iguana Tweaks, right? That is the main reason why the functionality to tweak the stats is not a part of Extra Tic, for as far as I know.
How? I've had people tell me this but it seems like it's just as much work as mt

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
First you have to turn on the setting "allow ITT to override almost all tinkers' settings" in the ITT config.
Then you have to start Minecraft to generate the configs.
After this it's just a matter of changing a number in a config file.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
I feel like making a thread for people to share the actual scripts for people to use. Because I abandoned a pack and don't want the scripts to go to waste. Plus it would allow people to grab scripts to use as long as credit is given where credit is due. And we can set up the same kind of [Ask/Notify/Open/Closed] system they have for mods. The only thing is it will have to be taken down if it's abused.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
CurseForge actually has a category for MineTweaker scripts now. You could upload your scripts there.
Take for instance this script- and config-set (that was built on the central idea of the modpack you are abandoning).

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
CurseForge actually has a category for MineTweaker scripts now. You could upload your scripts there.
Take for instance this script- and config-set (that was built on the central idea of the modpack you are abandoning).
I have not abandoned Incompetence(I will dev till I die), it's a pack called shamcraft with lots of developing loose ends and half a**ed projects. It was a while ago and the first pack I made but I had a lot of stuff/concepts that I think could live on. And thanks for letting me know about the scripts category, will check out ;P

Reactions: Robijnvogel