Miners backpack broken?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
Started a new Infinity world and part of my early game strategy is miners backpacks while exploring, but I cant place ores or ingots in it nor will it pick up ores when mined. anyone else experience this?

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Can I see a screenshot of the bag in your inventory, with your mouse hovering over it?

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
Can I see a screenshot of the bag in your inventory, with your mouse hovering over it?
2016-06-01_14.00.51.png

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
Miner's Backpacks probably don't accept gravel ore, and I'm pretty sure they don't take ingots, only normal ore.

Also a suggestion, the Digger's backpack will pick up dirt/cobble/gravel etc, if you weren't aware.
I'm very aware. Miners backpacks have always taken gravel ore, ore and ingots. These take nothing.

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
Go to your <instance folder>\config\forestry\backpacks.cfg and upload it here please.
Look man, no offense, but if you didn't know that a miners backpack will take gravel ores and ingots, I really don't think you can help me. thanks.

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, did another search and turned up a thread with a fix, delete backpacs configs so game will re install on a new boot. Problem solved. I did look in the configs and I did not see anything that looked wrong?

Here is miners backpack with ores, both gravel and vanilla, ingots, etc. I'm pretty sure it will even hold meat ingots, not that you need it to once you reach that point in the game.
2016-06-01_15.15.28.png

Reactions: Inaeo

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Ok, did another search and turned up a thread with a fix, delete backpacs configs so game will re install on a new boot. Problem solved. I did look in the configs and I did not see anything that looked wrong?

Here is miners backpack with ores, both gravel and vanilla, ingots, etc. I'm pretty sure it will even hold meat ingots, not that you need it to once you reach that point in the game.
View attachment 27803

Probably just a weird glitch. Glad it works for you now.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I've heard about the forums that one of the last updates to Forestry borked some things (compatibility with Binne's Mods and backpacks amongst them). You may indeed have to check your configs to see if the whitelist is set up correctly. If not, you will either have to configure it manually, or copy/paste the configs from a working instance.

Ninja'd by the answer.