MineFactory Reloaded problem

totte1015

Jul 29, 2019
Seriosly, every machine I have set for it randomly stops consuming the power, almost like the pause button is pressed... Look here:
17I6ytk.jpg

The only way to get it to work again is by replacing the whole damn machine, which is a nosence!

How do I fix this, and why does it happen?

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Can't be a rogue redstone signal otherwise when he places it again it would still be doing the same thing. Still something to check for, can't hurt to be thorough.

Also while I wont agree that it's a "shit" mod, it's OK. Some parts of it are a tad buggy, conveyers for instance will sometimes decide that they would rather just rubber band the entities then let them fall. And don't forget about how picky the machines are for outputting to item pipes. This is remedied by using a buffer chest but it's still annoying that this behavior is still prevalent.

Nanolathe

Jul 29, 2019
<edited title is less of a problem>

However I've noticed the same behaviour once or twice. Toggling a redstone signal resets everything and it generally works fine after that.
I pulse my machines every now-and-then with a timer. Should clear up your problem until a fix is put into effect.

Have you reported the bug to the Mod Author?

Last edited:

totte1015

Jul 29, 2019
I checked several times now for any possible redstone signal nearby, there is none.

Edited title topic too

Boundary

Jul 29, 2019
Possibly powered by TC energy conduit passing an unloaded chunk? I seem to remember having a similar problem with AG.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
May I ask why you have it set to use full stacks? It's just seeds, so it can't use a full stack at a time.
Being honest here, when I use a harvester, I've never set it to use full stacks. Is there an advantage to this?

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Item backstuffing. That is a Lapis upgrade in there. The range is going to surprise you. It's probably harvesting something you aren't intending it to harvest, and it doesn't have anywhere to put it, so it shuts down until it has somewhere to put it. When you break it, the item backstuffing is dropped out into the world and probably ends up in your inventory.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Item backstuffing. That is a Lapis upgrade in there. The range is going to surprise you. It's probably harvesting something you aren't intending it to harvest, and it doesn't have anywhere to put it, so it shuts down until it has somewhere to put it. When you break it, the item backstuffing is dropped out into the world and probably ends up in your inventory.
it's a planter, but it's probably trying to plant the seeds where it can't but is convinced it should and holding there

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
Similar problem with several MFR machines in AG but some other do the same thing.

Sometimes breaking power line resolve this bug but sometimes breaking the machine only works.

Finally stopping AG because this bug drive me crazy.

Envoyé de mon LG-D802 en utilisant Tapatalk

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
I have the problem with unloaded and reloaded chunks with TE Energy conduits all the time. Are all the chunks around your base loaded all the time? If not, get a chunk loader and set the loaded chunks to include all of your TE Conduits.

Drawde

Jul 29, 2019
As loboca said it's probably a chunkloading issue. MFR machines stop working if they're not chunkloaded, in the exact manner you described.

totte1015

Jul 29, 2019
Wait, I need the whole damn TE network of cables all chunkloaded at all times?! o_O
That will create serious amount of lag I belive... I have to set 3 chunks loaded at all times, dont know if the server will like that :/

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Wait, I need the whole damn TE network of cables all chunkloaded at all times?! o_O
That will create serious amount of lag I belive... I have to set 3 chunks loaded at all times, dont know if the server will like that :/
Any automated system that involves power lines and item transport should be chunkloaded, otherwise the system will break. That will apply to all mods, not just TE.

Reactions: RedBoss

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
Either you want the machines to be working, then they will cause CPU load just as when you're near them. Or you don't :)

Of course that still means you don't have to chunkload your whole base if you place buffers (chests/energy cells) strategically at chunk borders.