Minecraft Snapshots Decussion

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

buzyb77

Jul 29, 2019
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Versi ... t_versions

info for snapshots link and New Snapshot 12w34a 8/23/2012

■Added item frames
■Added cobblestone walls (yes, mossy too)
■Added Flower pot ■Crafted the same way as a bucket, but with Bricks

■Added new Full-screen toggle to the Video settings
■Added new use Vsync toggle in the Video settings
■Maps now align to a grid, making it easier to create adjacent maps. Maps can also be cloned
■Stairs now auto-arrange into corners. This is a test and may change based on feedback
■Mobs (and all other entities) can travel through portals
■Leather clothes can be dyed ■You can right-click a full cauldron with dyed armor to remove dye

■Tamed Wolves' collars can be dyed
■Removed the “wip block” from the creative menu
■Added two new crops (carrots and potatoes) and associated items ■Carrots, Potato, Baked Potato, Poisonous Potato, Golden Carrots ■Carrots and Potatoes can be planted in tilled soil

■F3+P will toggle the auto-pause when the window loses focus (it’s for debugging, mainly)
■F3+H will toggle detailed item descriptions (also for debugging)
■Added arrow-sensitive wooden buttons
■Trapdoors can be placed in top-most position (based on cross-hair aim)
■New mob added called a Wither, details unknown (based on new skin in /mobs/ folder in minecraft.jar)
■Added Potion of Invisibility
■Fire spreads differently based on difficulty

Bug Fixes: [Collapse]

■Fixed zombies not burning in the sun

Notable Bugs (Complete bug list): [Collapse]

■When a invisibility potion is active + you are in F5 mode + you are holding a bow, the bow does not move in the direction of where you are shooting.
■Mobs can occasionally fall through blocks
■Item frames do not drop when water is poured onto them
■If you place two different pieces of leather armor in a crafting table and dye them, you only get one back (certainly a conflict with the repair function)
■When item frames are placed on a server it crashes
■Creepers will occasionally spawn in broad daylight

adib

Jul 29, 2019
buzyb77 said:
well woot 2 New crops and 1 new mob
what mob?
and not all entities can travel trough portals, like minecraft which are entities cannot, and i dont think items can.

buzyb77

Jul 29, 2019
"New mob added called a Wither, details unknown (based on new skin in /mobs/ folder in minecraft.jar)"

about midway down

adib

Jul 29, 2019
buzyb77 said:
"New mob added called a Wither, details unknown (based on new skin in /mobs/ folder in minecraft.jar)"

about midway down
oh lol
also i found some screenies on reddit
http://imgur.com/a/t0OyA

more info
Info on mob behavior (creative mode): I haven't tested in survival mode yet, but in creative, when the mob is attacked, it fires projectiles at you (http://imgur.com/kKSDj[1]
kKSDj.jpg

), and it is able to break blocks, similar to an enderdragon.
More info on mob behavior (survival mode): Each of the mobs heads fires the projectiles, they can also have different targets. For example, while the main head was targetting me, the side heads were killing pigs. Which brings up the next point: the mob doesn't just attack the player, it attacks animals too, and possibly monsters (untested).
Edit: When getting hit by the projectile, you get the "Wither" potion effect, which seems to act like poison, but perhaps there is some other attributes to it that I have not discovered yet.
Update (Download!): I have uploaded the modified file here: https://dl.dropbox.com/s/7d9npim699gdso6/jv.class?dl=1[2] Please note: All this mod does is add two completely black eggs to the game. One is the Wither Boss. One is the Wither Skull (which seems to crash the game when spawned).
Note: Make sure to delete META-INF.

buzyb77

Jul 29, 2019
thanks for Screenshot adib

yeah i do my best post correct info even if it wiki info

buzyb77

Jul 29, 2019
noticed this a well

■Maps now align to a grid, making it easier to create adjacent maps. Maps can also be cloned

this will take some time to show but i can see mega walls at the start of multi worlds that have an area map posted as you walk in

or Town maps

kells117

Jul 29, 2019
Think they are adding to much crap into vanilla minecraft because I cant see a lot of the stuff being used however I can see item frames being used but not dyed dog collars or dyed armor
Also I think invisible potions will go down quite badly in SMP because it seems to be some kind of griefer weapon to me and some kind of thing that would ruin PvP servers although there is always greylists or balcklists I think they are called to ban items but then this would just make invisible potions pointless because no server would have them and they don't have that big a use in SSP

MrSphex

Jul 29, 2019
I believe the Wither effect does not only add a poison like effect to you, I heard all the health you lose from his effect go directly to him. Also, it seems the easiest way to kill him would be just spamming Splash Potions of Healing II at him...xD

adib

Jul 29, 2019
MrSphex said:
I believe the Wither effect does not only add a poison like effect to you, I heard all the health you lose from his effect go directly to him. Also, it seems the easiest way to kill him would be just spamming Splash Potions of Healing II at him...xD
i think his pattern is quite easy(not sure havent fought myself) but wiht ful ldiamond and an power/punch bow it should be easy.

MrSphex

Jul 29, 2019
adib said:
MrSphex said:
i think his pattern is quite easy(not sure havent fought myself) but wiht ful ldiamond and an power/punch bow it should be easy.

Do you know if punch effects him? Kind of like how punch/knockback don't effect the enderdragon. But he is a lot smaller of a mob so who knows. Hopefully it does.

buzyb77

Jul 29, 2019
Odds are the new boss will be tied to an area. And might be a mutated aghast because has anyone seen what a a ghast does to a normal mob. Also maybe ne boss is a hint to a new area that or its what happens when 3 aghast go through a portal.

adib

Jul 29, 2019
MrSphex said:
adib said:
MrSphex said:

Do you know if punch effects him? Kind of like how punch/knockback don't effect the enderdragon. But he is a lot smaller of a mob so who knows. Hopefully it does.
i know he flies up if you hit him but he cant fly so he'll just drop. i thin punch affects him but i dont think a whole lot.

MrSphex

Jul 29, 2019
adib said:
i know he flies up if you hit him but he cant fly so he'll just drop. i thin punch affects him but i dont think a whole lot.
Well at least it effects him for now. Vanilla is actually shaping up to be a decently cool game again. But mods are so much better ;D

DarkJDL

Jul 29, 2019
MrSphex said:
adib said:
Well at least it effects him for now. Vanilla is actually shaping up to be a decently cool game again. But mods are so much better ;D

Actually in vanilla 1.3.2 I have a very decent FPS (60-70~) Which I think is what I look most forward to when updating to 1.3.2 (I'm still in 1.2.5 because I want to play with some non-yet updated mods)
IF they can manage to make that boss not kill itself, and give it, Iunno, 5000 or maybe 20000 hp; it has to be a tough boss; I'm disappointed with weak enemies.
let's hope they have better tricks up their sleeves for 1.4 because if not; I might stick to 1.3.2 with working mods rather than updating lol