Minecraft runs out of memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamingclone

Jul 29, 2019
Recently my Direwolf20 Mod pack v5.2.0 Minecraft world keeps running out of memory when I have other programs open. This didn't used to be a problem but now it has become a problem. I know that you can increase the amount of memory that is allocated to FTB, but for me the max is 1gig and I cant get it to go higher. Even though my computer has 4 gigs of RAM at the ready to be used. Is there anyway to increase the max amount of RAM for FTB? or am I going have to go buy some more RAM for this computer? Also I do have the latest verson of the FTB launcher.

Thanks for the help in advance and sorry if this is under the wrong sub forum.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Make sure your using a 64 bit OS and 64 bit Java. 32 bit will only allow 3.6 gigs of memory to be used properly, and Java limits to 1 gig using 32 bit. 4 gigs is pretty low for a computer though, and RAM is cheap, so buy more for sure if you got the cash.

Gamingclone

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, I have actually discovered that my game will run out of memory if I keep my game paused (meaning if you press esc and it brings up the menu) for more than a minute.
But anyway thanks for the help. I'm not really sure how to check to see if my OS is 64 bit or 32, but I think its 64.

Status
Not open for further replies.