Minecraft hangs/freezes when entering Multiplayer or Singelplayer menu

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
D

DCLXVI

Title Minecraft hangs/freezes when entering Multiplayer or Singelplayer menu

Launcher Type Twitch Desktop App

Modpack FTP Tech World 2 (and others)

Modpack version 1.1.6

Have you modified the pack? No

Link to log file http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/602cf785

Details of the issue FTB starts up, no problem, I can enter all or most settings menus but as soon as I press Singleplayer or Multiplayer the game freezes until I kill it...
I have tried to wipe the install/instance folder and I have even tried to create a new one on another drive (didn't move a single file, fresh install).
I can start and play the latest release profile from the launcher and I have been able to run FTB on this computer before...
I even tried to rename the .roaming\.minecraft folder ...
I can't see anything obvious in the logfile, my Java 8 install says it's updated...I'm splitting my forhead on the table at this point!!!

I'm trying this on a AMD A8-6500K (IIRC) with 8 GB RAM and a 4 GB Nvidia 1050Ti

D

DCLXVI

I've made some tests and I've concluded that 1.6.4 unmodded won't work but 1.7.2 does, and that is newly installed Minecraft and no mods...