Open Minecraft crashing constantly

J

jkb11

Summary of the problem Minecraft crashing constantly

Pack Version 3.0.15

What is the bug? SF crashes on a frequent basis. I cannot say for sure exactly what causes the crash. It happens more when I am below the main level of my base. The base itself is quite small (I haven't made it to automating sieving).

Mod & Version This is the official FTB mod pack launched from the Twitch app.

Link to log file http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/d4db8779

Is it repeatable?

Known Fix

R

Redrobb

I am getting the same issue, when I first started a couple weeks ago (joined a public server) I never crashed, now I crash within minutes of joining in.

J

jkb11

The times I recorded for the crashes are around 12:53, 1:19, 1:22, 1:27, and 1:27 again. I think I had other crashes before, during, and after those times, but I did not get to record those times. Hopefully that will narrow down the search.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
@Redrobb Please open your own thread for your issue and follow the troubleshooting steps and make sure to use pastebin or some other paste website to post your log file.

@jkb11 your issue is memory related. You have only allocated 3GB to the game. SF needs at least 4 and I recommend 5GB. Can you go into settings of the twitch client under the minecraft tab. There is a slider move it to the right. Also while you are it wouldn't hurt to check the jar launcher settings. Looks like you are using the internal java 8.25 and you really should be using the latest version of java 8. BTW: do not use java 9.

J

jkb11

I just changed that and gave it a max of about 7 just to be safe. I just think it weird because my old worlds I originally had months ago were so much larger and used much more resources.

I will update if I get more crashes today. Thank you!

J

jkb11

@Henry Link I adjusted the memory settings to allow 6GB of RAM and verified that I am running the latest version of Java.The crashes really appear to be happening the most when I visit my lower levels. They are 13x13x6 Oak wood, encloses rooms. They use to house my sieves but since I keep crashing down there I have removed them. I thought it was the rooms so I expanded below another platform but again crashed. That expansion was yesterday. I am attaching a new log file for the crashes this morning.

*The crash at 10:21 is just outside the log file... but there is a crash at 11:11 & 11:44. All happened when I went down a level on my base.

http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/a0eb7d04

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Are you pasting together logs? The log looks like it has gaps and is missing relevant data. There is a big jump between 11:11 & 11:44 where all of the data for restarting the game should be. If that is the case and you just past a complete log without any edits or changes?

J

jkb11

@Henry Link I am sorry this is my first time using this forum and I think I messed something up with the links. I am trying to replicate the issue now since that time frame is now out of the log file...

J

jkb11

@Henry Link So I actually uninstalled my AV and the management system on the laptop to see if that was the issue. Unfortunately, that didn't work.

http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/3de3473e

upload_2017-12-26_12-13-24.png

I have this set right now and its been going for about 5-10 minutes. We shall see.