Minecraft 1.9 / 1.10. and future of mods?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

What will moding be like in future?

• Total voters

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I know we sort of perfected the art but humans are mostly home bound creatures. Exploring only happens so we can find a home or when we are young and are in that stage where you want to roam.

It seems reasonable that players also transpose this behavior to Minecraft.

You know why things like biome based resources never become popular. Because of that very same human instinct to settle down once your base is built. FORCEING players to explore for seemingly basic things is just work they rather not do.

It's why Skyblocks are popular. There's none of that exploring to have to do.

Personally I think exploration is where it needs to be at. Maybe single player needs some work in that regard. But in the times I used to play SMP I used to roam to find other players to see what they are building.

Id also like to play around with mods like Reasonable Realism.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
I know we sort of perfected the art but humans are mostly home bound creatures. Exploring only happens so we can find a home or when we are young and are in that stage where you want to roam.

It seems reasonable that players also transpose this behavior to Minecraft.

You know why things like biome based resources never become popular. Because of that very same human instinct to settle down once your base is built. FORCEING players to explore for seemingly basic things is just work they rather not do.

It's why Skyblocks are popular. There's none of that exploring to have to do.

Personally I think exploration is where it needs to be at. Maybe single player needs some work in that regard. But in the times I used to play SMP I used to roam to find other players to see what they are building.

Id also like to play around with mods like Reasonable Realism.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

One of my goals in any game is to create a wall of in-game maps, that I fill in, and add to over time.

Reactions: Inaeo