Mindcrack v8 new world gen = Moving my base

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

uksgt2x

Jul 29, 2019
So with Mindcrack updated to v8 (Well might be buggy still, but playable at the least) I decided that instead of making a whole new world and starting fresh, or using some complicated way to move my inventory and all items/ base to a new world. I would just run off in one direction until I find newly generated chunks (Won't be very far in one direction, I haven't explored much due to it being an ocean...)

So I decided to just find a new place to live in new chucks, and use a command block or some form of teleporting back and forth to move all my items/ base to the new location. The old base area might just be used to quarry out and strip it of resources since it won't be visited any time soon.. Although I will miss the giant Volcano next to it :eek:

But what do you guys think of using command blocks to teleport back and forth? I've never used them honestly, So I don't know how they respond to teleporting long distances... It is on a private server I run on my computer, so there's that. Anyways just any comments on this or how the command blocks will work would be appreciated! Or if you know of any other fun ways to move the base and items, or a way that will work better! Thanks! :D

wackmkev

Jul 29, 2019
You could use portal spawners with wireless redstone to make sure they don't stay open for long.

Also, for item moving, you can just have two ender chests, with the one in the new area having items constantly pulled out into a series of chests so you don't need to keep teleporting back and forth.

There's IC2 teleporters, but they're super expensive and work less well than the portals

uksgt2x

Jul 29, 2019
You could use portal spawners with wireless redstone to make sure they don't stay open for long.

That would work, my only problem is the nether stay required to make them. I guess I could just cheat it in via NEI since using command blocks would be cheating anyways.

Also, for item moving, you can just have two ender chests, with the one in the new area having items constantly pulled out into a series of chests so you don't need to keep teleporting back and forth.
That's a good idea, I might do that, I can re-sort it out once my new base is established and just have a row of chest to store all the items temporally while i get them all through.

There's IC2 teleporters, but they're super expensive and work less well than the portals
Yeah that's true, those cost quite a bit of EU per a teleport too i believe, and that's true, they don't work as good. Portal teleporters are more reliable i think, plus i've used those in the past. I think this one is out. Plus I'm not sure if GregTech makes them even harder to make o_O

zooqooo

Jul 29, 2019
Mindcrack v8 still doesn't have mystcraft? Bummer. Ender chests are probably your best bet, but portal gun is worth the investment.

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
Forestry 2 is going to redo its world gen for Apatite so look forward to that in mindcrack V9+. Grant it the change is very minor in that it will no longer spawn below Y60 as well as spawning in larger clumps now.

In other words always count on world gen changes and never get to comfortable with a world/area as all it takes is one mod author to add something to his mod and your world/area is outdated.

Reactions: KoreRekon

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
If it's your server, you can use the /tp x y z command to move yourself back and forth.

uksgt2x

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah world gen will always change, which is fine I understand that, and i welcome new auditions to the mods :D Moving my base is fine by me. What changed i believe is with TC3 as it added new world gen structures..

Mindcrack also doesn't have Mystcraft, I will probably just add it in my self though... I did that for v6 but never redid it when it updated to v7... I hope they make it part of the pack soon! :D

@Abdiel Yes I could use commands too, That might work best for quickly moving back and forth.

EDIT: Thank you all for the replies :D

Bevo

Jul 29, 2019
There is always the old vanilla way of the nether to get back and forth quickly. Distance in the nether is 1/8th the overworld so just go 300 blocks and make a new portal and and you should be a couple thousand blocks away in the overworld from where you started. Put a minecart track between the two nether portals like a normal nether nexus and it would be a fun way to move and still be able to go back to your old area when you want.