Solved Mindcrack Server Crashing with new update(railcraft issue?)

Kanadeara

Jul 29, 2019
Pack: Mindcrack v8.0.1 (released 1/28/13)
Mods: No extra mods added
Server: Local one on my machine, Using i7 w/ 8g of ram

As the title says, our Mindcrack server is crashing when someone joins in. Sadly can't really describe it better than that. Think it has something to do with railcraft? Not sure, but here is crash report and pastebin link:

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// My bad.

Time: 1/28/13 8:25 PM
Description: Exception getting block type in world

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: railcraft.common.api.signals.SignalReceiver.<init>(Ljava/lang/String;Lany;I)V
at railcraft.common.api.signals.SimpleSignalReceiver.<init>(SimpleSignalReceiver.java:24)
at railcraft.common.blocks.signals.TileSwitchMotor.<init>(TileSwitchMotor.java:22)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at any.c(TileEntity.java:138)
at aam.a(AnvilChunkLoader.java:418)
at aam.a(AnvilChunkLoader.java:103)
at aam.a(AnvilChunkLoader.java:83)
at im.f(ChunkProviderServer.java:182)
at im.c(ChunkProviderServer.java:118)
at im.d(ChunkProviderServer.java:166)
at yc.e(World.java:524)
at yc.a(World.java:404)
at anm.i(SourceFile:155)
at anm.g(SourceFile:168)
at yc.h(World.java:2153)
at in.h(WorldServer.java:516)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.r(MinecraftServer.java:680)
at ho.r(DedicatedServer.java:269)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.q(MinecraftServer.java:599)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:497)
at fy.run(SourceFile:849)

Pastebin link for full report: http://pastebin.com/KrH0UtPz

Any help would be super wonderful :D Thanks in advance!

Nessiroj

Jul 29, 2019
Code:
Description: Exception getting block type in world

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: railcraft.common.api.signals.SignalReceiver.<init>(Ljava/lang/String;Lany;I)V
at railcraft.common.api.signals.SimpleSignalReceiver.<init>(SimpleSignalReceiver.java:24)
at railcraft.common.blocks.signals.TileSwitchMotor.<init>(TileSwitchMotor.java:22)

it's atleast something with railcraft, only my knowhow of all blocks in railcraft is to low. Looks like something gets a signal and wants to start or stop a motor

Kanadeara

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah i noticed that...but i just cannot remember what it could be..well, we did have a rolling machine hooked up to an electric engine from forestry, and it may be running still. Could that be the issue? Other than that, i'm not sure what block could be wanting power. We have not used much of railcraft oddly enough.

Kanadeara

Jul 29, 2019
Ah! i think it has something to do with a couple switch motors in part of a rail line i was trying to figure out. if i remember, one of them (or both) are being turned on or powered by a lever.

"java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: railcraft.common.api.signals.SignalReceiver.<init>(Ljava/lang/String;Lany;I)V
at railcraft.common.blocks.signals.TileSwitchMotor.<init>(TileSwitchMotor.java:22)"

Changed the config to allow anchors to require and not require fuel, still no luck. It crashes instantly when someone logs in, specifically around the area i know they are at. Is there a section in the or a config file i can change to disable them? or delete them? if anything, deleting the chunks where they are at would do no harm, as it is an old base with nothing in it...besides some potentially buggy rail lines :p Edit: I found this in the config file under where you can disable/enable subblocks: "B:signal.switch.motor=true", perhaps setting it to false will fix this issue?

Nessiroj

Jul 29, 2019
you could atleast try it, if it doesn't work it atleast won't break anything :p If it works you could fix the machines and change the config back ;)

Kanadeara

Jul 29, 2019
Well after many attempts to disable the things i thought may have been causing it, i return with no success :( . I'm kinda stumped right now as to why it keeps complain about a signal even when i disable signals and anything to do with signals in the config file :/ , but each time it has crashed it is the same exact report, so, at least i have consistent problem and not random!

Kanadeara

Jul 29, 2019
There is a section in the config file that lists their item ID's, i don't suppose changing the ID of the block.signal would do anything? And if it would, what ID should i change it to?

####################
# block
#===================
# This is were block IDs are defined.
# Changing these will have adverse effects on existing worlds.
# For the list of which sub-blocks are on each ID see the sub-block section below.
####################

block {
I:block.cube=457
I:block.detector=450
I:block.elevator=455
I:block.machine.alpha=451
I:block.machine.beta=452
I:block.machine.gamma=453
I:block.ore=458
I:block.post=459
I:block.post.metal=460
I:block.signal=456
I:block.track=454
}

Edit: Just as i posted this, i thought to look into the old config file for railcraft version that was in the version 7 of mindcrack, and it seems the block ID's are significantly different :/ , would changing back to the old ID's fix the issue? here is the old config :

####################
# block
#===================
# This is were block IDs are defined.
# Changing these will have adverse effects on existing worlds.
# For the list of which sub-blocks are on each ID see the sub-block section below.
####################

block {
I:block.cube=1050
I:block.detector=1051
I:block.elevator=1052
I:block.machine.alpha=1053
I:block.machine.beta=1054
I:block.machine.gamma=1055
I:block.ore=244
I:block.post=1056
I:block.post.metal=1057
I:block.signal=1058
I:block.track=1059
}

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
Moving the IDs back would correct the problem, yes, even if only temporarily so you could remove the rails safely. Minecraft tends to panic if a block has a Tile Entity it thinks it shouldn't, that's what's crashing you.

That's really odd that they changed at all though, aren't the FTB block IDs supposed to be unified? I double-checked my own configs that are based on FTB packs and for me they still at the previous values, so they've only been changed for the Mindcrack pack? Or maybe it's just a mistake. Interesting all the same!

Kanadeara

Jul 29, 2019
Well after fixing the ID's, it still refused to work. So i said, FINE! I re-DL'ed the server pack again, and joined back at my base (which is were is was before the v8 update) and flew over to where the switch track/motors are. Just as the chunk loaded in the distance, it crashes the server. Except now i get a new error, instead of an ID error, its Exception in server tick loop java.lang.NoSuchMethodError :D

I tried all the tricks i could think of, such as setting all signal subblocks to false, and even setting signals themselves in the modules.config to false. Still no luck, same error now each time. I'm yet again, stumped :(
New Crash report! :

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Don't be sad. I'll do better next time, I promise!

Time: 1/29/13 7:00 PM
Description: Exception in server tick loop

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at any.c(TileEntity.java:138)
at aam.a(AnvilChunkLoader.java:418)
at aam.a(AnvilChunkLoader.java:103)
at aam.a(AnvilChunkLoader.java:83)
at im.f(ChunkProviderServer.java:182)
at im.c(ChunkProviderServer.java:118)
at il.<init>(PlayerInstance.java:42)
at ik.a(SourceFile:172)
at ik.a(SourceFile:203)
at gm.a(ServerConfigurationManager.java:163)
at gm.c(ServerConfigurationManager.java:206)
at gm.a(ServerConfigurationManager.java:123)
at it.completeConnection(NetLoginHandler.java:198)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.FMLNetworkHandler.handleClientConnection(FMLNetworkHandler.java:153)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.FMLNetworkHandler.onConnectionReceivedFromClient(FMLNetworkHandler.java:107)
at it.d(NetLoginHandler.java:182)
at it.c(NetLoginHandler.java:75)
at hu.a(ServerListenThread.java:56)
at ht.b(SourceFile:29)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.r(MinecraftServer.java:703)
at ho.r(DedicatedServer.java:269)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.q(MinecraftServer.java:599)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:497)
at fy.run(SourceFile:849)

Kanadeara

Jul 29, 2019
Well, seems i was able to fix the issue! Probably not the most graceful way, but a lot better than scrapping the map! I just went ahead and removed the railcraft mod from the mods folder in the server, disabled it on the launcher mod list, and logged in. It happily let me in, i flew around to investigate, and noticed that all railcraft related items/blocks had disappeared. As i re-enabled railcraft and put it back into the server file, i logged in to see that everything RC related was still gone, but that is not a problem to us! Seems that it still works, world anchors, rolling machines, etc. Just gonna have to go and replace what disappeared. Thanks to all who tried to help! It was much appreciated! :D

~still terrified now to use switch motors/tracks. Is there a bug with them in the new version of railcraft? Or was that just some bad luck?

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
Railcraft 6.15.0.0 got released last night apparently, so perhaps this will fix your issues in the near future. I didn't see anything in the changelog related to your issue though.

thejester11

Jul 29, 2019
I'm confused why this is marked as solve, when the solution was to remove Railcraft. Can we get this case opened again because I'm getting the exact same issue. Placing a Switch Motor in the world crashes the client and the world can not be loaded again.

Reactions: seattleda

thejester11

Jul 29, 2019
Update: I have found that having GregTech disabled causes this issue. This is still not solved, but I do have a ticket open with Tech Support.

Mitlans

Jul 29, 2019
i found the fix... you need to update your API for ANY other mod your useing that HAS rail craft in it Such as the TRAINCRAFT mod... the API in traincraft is not up to date If you have any questions About How to do this HOTfix for the API PM me

EDIT 1:

AND IT SAVES THE MAP!!!!

Reactions: Velotican

thejester11

Jul 29, 2019
Mitlans fix seems to work. I'm glad, the dev team seemed to ignore my ticket about it.

For anyone wondering how to do it:
Go to your FTB\MindCrack\minecraft\mods\ folder
Open traincraft.jar and railcraft.jar with WinRAR or whatever you have that works
Inside BOTH of these jar files, go to railcraft\common\api\
Highlight all of the folders from the railcraft.jar api folder and drag them to traincraft.jar's api folder (WinRAR will overwrite it correctly for you)