Mindcrack item sorting system.

merocky

Jul 29, 2019
As the title already ses, i m here to showcase my mindcrack item sorting system. The system itself isent 100% finished but at the point it is now it works fully automated. I m using splitters for cobble to produce sand glass and stone from cobble, using a overflow i also sort my abundents of cobble in a seperate chest. The system has 93 wooden double chests wich are stacked 3 high. (also works on iron, gold or diamond single chests). Using Diamond pipes splitting up my items into pulv, smelt and Pul+Smelt. Using this for items like ores Xychorium's dust production. WIth this system i can sort up to 36 diffrent types of items in to each chest.
Here are some screenshots to show the system.

This is the Setup of my chests.

Here you see the deposit chest, wich brings the items to the sorting system. Also the output of the system is connected to one of the chests so you can see wich items are not sorted yet.

Here you can see my Pulv, Smelt and pulv+Smelt sorting spot.

The pulvs and smelters themselves with Hoppers acting as buffers.

A single chest sorter, wich can sort up to 36 items for a single chest.

My overflow system (sorry for showing a displayed one) my main sorting is abit packed up making it confusing to look at if taken a screenshot in the system itself.

Got anny question, suggestions tips or just a oppinion. Please leave a comment, Ty for reading the post.

Reactions: R3VCl3

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
Looks very good, I like the fact that you are only using BC pipes.

btw how does that overflow system work?

merocky

Jul 29, 2019
The overflow isent that complicated. I used a iron pipe to connect to my chest with a iron gate on it. As soon as the chest is full it sends out both a redstone and pipewire signal. The redstone signal switches the pipe direction, and since it onley has 2 directions meaning it will bring the items back into the pipe. The pipewire signal will switch on a second iron gate wich is on a iron pipe, the gate puts out a redstone signal so the pipe switches. Make sure you have a block next to the iron gate or els it wont switch the redstone signal of the gate will activate the block and will bounce back into the pipe. Also make sure you item geeding side on the second iron pipe is a wooden pipe, iron pipes dont switch to wooden pipes simce the wooden pipes are seen as a output and no imput. Once the items come back from the chest when its full and then go to the second gate it will go into the "overflow" pipe (wich is your 3e connection on your second iron pipe) thay will go to the overflow chest placed below ground you can repeat this prices as much as you want and have a infinite amount of storing space. The onley problem i found with my chest placement is that this dosent work on the middle chest chause the first iron pipe is also connected to either the top or bottem chest. Maybe ill find a solution for this but ffor now im to bussy to fix it

Bughunter

Jul 29, 2019
Cool! I might do some buildcraft sorting. It looks more fun than other kinds, due to the massive amounts of pipe types