Mindcrack-FTB

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

bad wolf

Jul 29, 2019
Hey evryone, I just have noticed, that the members of the mindcrack server (besides docm, who has alredy a series^^) are starting a feed the beast server! :D
(I just want to inform evrybody about hiis awsome thing

pauseunpause:
guude:
vintagebeef:
baj:

Reactions: Skirty_007

sciguyryan

Jul 29, 2019
I have to say I'm really happy to see MindCrack and Hermitcraft opening up and doing a modded LP. It seems that only a short time ago people would go fanatical if anyone used any mods in a LP. I'm glad this has changed!

Bluehorazon

Jul 29, 2019
I just noticed while watching Jaded that it is much more fun to watch people who have no idea about some of the Mod-Mechanics. If you watch Direwolf you often notice that he has no idea about how vanilla-MC works, but he knows a lot about mods, which reduces the amount of hilarious moments (well since he derps sometimes it is still funny).

If you watch people playing minecraft you want to be entertained and if everything works perfectly fine that's not entertaining. You might want to do this to increase your knowledge but not for pure fun.

It is interesting to watch people learn new stuff. And well Jaded already performs very well and I don't think that these guys need very long to get used to the mods. But I think streaming such things is much more fun since it allows interactions with your viewers. Although most of them (including me) try to be helpfull, but it is sometimes a bit hard (like figuring out where the creeper spawned yesterday... I still think he spawned on the upper row of barrels^^) and it often happens that when she asks if she should do this or that half of the stream choose option 1 and the other half option 2 which is not really helpfull^^.

I always remember when I started with Redpower and felt like "WTF how does this shit work?". And if you are new to the whole FTB-thingy and most of the mods... just try it out before reading lots of guides and such, learning by doing is much more fun.

0NightHawk0

Jul 29, 2019
I agree with Blue, while I love Direwolf's video's, it is much more amusing, and easier to relate, to watch someone who has no flippin' idea of what they are doing.

Fizzgigg

Jul 29, 2019
The cluelessness is why I like mods. Vinella has made me get bored because I no longer have to check the wiki every five min. but, with mods I need to check the wiki all the time. The learning part of minecraft is my fav. and mods bring it back to me. I an going to hopefully, probably, be amused watching the MindCrack team figure out FTB.

Judgebot

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, this was planned by them for a while ;) it's good to see they carried through with it.

Bluehorazon

Jul 29, 2019
Well... at first I was excited about a redpower-release because I wanted to use it again. Now I'm excited because I want to watch Jaded and others use it without having a clue. Even Direwolf often derps with Redpower since it sometimes is a bit difficult to get Items where you want them to go and it is very funny to watch people looking at the tubes wondering where the items will go.

You always remember your own derping at the beginning. I remember when I made my first diamond-factory with EE1 and Buildcraft and the condensers dropped all the glowstone-dust when they where full and caused a lot of lag, so I build flowing water underneath them to collect the dropped glowstone dust and feed it back into an obsidian-pipe^^

JDG

Jul 29, 2019
It's going to be fun to see how they work around all the new items that their not used to.
You always remember your own derping at the beginning. I remember when I made my first diamond-factory with EE1 and Buildcraft and the condensers dropped all the glowstone-dust when they where full and caused a lot of lag, so I build flowing water underneath them to collect the dropped glowstone dust and feed it back into an obsidian-pipe^^
Mine was not so good. It took me a while to work out how to get refined iron :/

Bluehorazon

Jul 29, 2019
It's going to be fun to see how they work around all the new items that their not used to.

Mine was not so good. It took me a while to work out how to get refined iron :/

Well before EE1 was released I already started with BC and Industrial-Craft. So BC was nothing new for me, but handling all the machines was. And yeah, some stuff also took me a while to understand. I'm still a redstone-nub, I can't build lots of complicated circuits I just imagine some stuff.

I remember when I played with some friends on a server I build a circuit to automatically shut down my nuclear reactor. I build the reactor inside a small mountain to power the macerators and such for my sorting-system, which was nearby. At this time I had some knowledge about redpower already. At one day I logged in to notice that the mountain was gone and one of my friends told me that he always believed that one of my counters was set a bit wrong :p well that mistake turned the mountain into a big crater and destroyed all my sortingsystem (the chests avoided destruction by being a bit too far away). I would have hated it if this would have happened in SSP but sharing it with friends in teamspeak was hilarious and funny, and I just constructed a new reactor on a flying plattform at the same position inside the crater :p

Bluehorazon

Jul 29, 2019
Ouch at least it turned out well in the end.

Well if things in Minecraft go wrong and you are with friends it is actually something funny. First building stuff is often more interesting than having it and second you actually learn with such mistakes how to do it better. Sometimes Creeper spawn badly or such and although I play Minecraft for about 2 years now and started modded MC pretty early but I still derp very often since there are a lot of new mods in FTB that I never played with.

Tabu

Jul 29, 2019
I just noticed while watching Jaded that it is much more fun to watch people who have no idea about some of the Mod-Mechanics. If you watch Direwolf you often notice that he has no idea about how vanilla-MC works, but he knows a lot about mods, which reduces the amount of hilarious moments (well since he derps sometimes it is still funny).

If you watch people playing minecraft you want to be entertained and if everything works perfectly fine that's not entertaining. You might want to do this to increase your knowledge but not for pure fun.

It is interesting to watch people learn new stuff. And well Jaded already performs very well and I don't think that these guys need very long to get used to the mods. But I think streaming such things is much more fun since it allows interactions with your viewers. Although most of them (including me) try to be helpfull, but it is sometimes a bit hard (like figuring out where the creeper spawned yesterday... I still think he spawned on the upper row of barrels^^) and it often happens that when she asks if she should do this or that half of the stream choose option 1 and the other half option 2 which is not really helpfull^^.

I always remember when I started with Redpower and felt like "WTF how does this shit work?". And if you are new to the whole FTB-thingy and most of the mods... just try it out before reading lots of guides and such, learning by doing is much more fun.

I agree, it was funny watching these guys discuss what "EU" meant. I was thinking in my head the whole episode "I wish I could tell these guys to press U" when they were in the NEI menu. Good stuff in the series, I will enjoy watching it. I like Docm and MonkeyFarm's as well.

nicktonton

Jul 29, 2019
I heard the name "Feed the beast crack" get said once in Millbee's first FTB video.

This name has got my vote.

Skirty_007

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for posting this, I somehow missed they had an FTB map now. Hooray for more Mindcrack videos to watch!