Mindcrack Copper machine

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

greytrilby

Jul 29, 2019
So, having used a large amount of copper for my new nuclear reactor, I decided to see if i could get copper without mining (by hand or by machine). A quick look through the recipes showed copper, tin, electrum and tungsten dust all coming from lava (still) with an industrial centrifuge.
Ten minutes later I'm stood looking at a centrifuge, a geothermal generator and a magma crucible and wondering if it is the right way to go.
My question is, how to power it? Would bluricity solar panels (and blulectric engines) be the way to go? or perhaps invest in a few IC2 solar panels and do without the geothermal generator?

My thoughts lean towards bluricity, or at least buildcraft engine. And yours?

jpezninjo

Jul 29, 2019
My setup: tier 5 blaze spawner(s) feeding blaze rods into a giant system of like this: 4 Stirling engines connected to a single redstone conduit line with RP pneumatic pipes between each Stirling engines. Now multiply that by as many as u can afford. Those feed two lines of magma crucibles. One line directly feeds x number of centrifuges. The other directly feeds x number of thermal generators. It's simple, cool looking (if u build it right), and can be self sustaining(if u build it right) ; ) hope this inspires u

Predatorkillol

Jul 29, 2019
My setup: tier 5 blaze spawner(s) feeding blaze rods into a giant system of like this: 4 Stirling engines connected to a single redstone conduit line with RP pneumatic pipes between each Stirling engines. Now multiply that by as many as u can afford. Those feed two lines of magma crucibles. One line directly feeds x number of centrifuges. The other directly feeds x number of thermal generators. It's simple, cool looking (if u build it right), and can be self sustaining(if u build it right) ; ) hope this inspires u
Why not a small steam boiler

Reactions: OmegaPython

ultradolp

Jul 29, 2019
If you do not want to go for pumping lava from the nether, make sure you have a juicy supply of MJ to support the lava production. The magic number is around 4 magma crucible : 3 industrial centrifuge (if you use cobblestone, 2 magma if you are using netherrack). Since each thermal generator (Gregtech one) gives 24 EU/t, at max you can only support 4 industrial centrifuge (Industrial centrifuge needs a constant 5 EU/t to operate but require a 32 EU/t to restart) with a single thermal, so the ratio becomes 6 magma : 4 industrial centrifuge : 1 thermal

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Back before many nerfs ago, you used to be able to viably create a lava loop with magmatic engines and magma crucibles. You can still do it, but you need 8 magmatic engines per magma crucible with a bit of left over lava. Interesting enough if you feed it netherack, but not very viable any more.

still thought i'd suggest it if you're up for that type of thing, because it does kinda look cool, but very inefficient.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
it is indeed inefficient, considering we now have power converters that can convert even directly steam to EU (without requiring two stacks of steel)