Mindcrack 1.6.4

Akmana

Jul 29, 2019
I have been playing Mindcrack 1.4.7 for a long time and I have ran a MC server for almost 2 years now for me and my friends around 15 people. I am wondering is there anyway for me to update my server and its mods to 1.6.4 and be able to run it still.?

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
What do you mean by run? Do you mean keep the same world?[DOUBLEPOST=1401034931][/DOUBLEPOST]Updating FTB to a new modpack even if it is still the mindcrack pack will not work with the old world, only versions of the same pack. If you update from 1.4.7 to 1.6.4 you will need a new world, however it Is just the same as 1.4.7 I don't see why it wouldn't run.

Akmana

Jul 29, 2019
Yes I am aware of this, I have been looking all over the forums and google to try and figure this out, however every person that I looked at just says to download a server client and bam new server that is not what I want.

I want to fully create from scratch my own server for 1.64 or 1.7.2 and get the permissions from all the moders to update and create a new Mindcrack. This is what I want to do.

What I need to know is, where is the information I need to start with doing this, what software do I need to do this, what hardware do I need. No one seems to know this info,So if someone can at least tell me what I need so I can start start with this.

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
Yes I am aware of this, I have been looking all over the forums and google to try and figure this out, however every person that I looked at just says to download a server client and bam new server that is not what I want.

I want to fully create from scratch my own server for 1.64 or 1.7.2 and get the permissions from all the moders to update and create a new Mindcrack. This is what I want to do.

What I need to know is, where is the information I need to start with doing this, what software do I need to do this, what hardware do I need. No one seems to know this info,So if someone can at least tell me what I need so I can start start with this.
I think your over thinking it,

You have a mindcrack 1.4.7 server and you want a brand new 1.6.4 server with every config, mod, world, plugin new is what I got from that.

Let's call 1.4.7 mindcrack server1 located at /server1

You download the 1.6.4 server files and put it in a new folder /server2

Your choice wether or not to delete /server1

Then shutdown server1

In the /server2 if you want plugins go ahead and replace the server.jar with a mcpc.jar

Also edit your start script provided to your needs

Then start the server and then stop, this will create a plugins folder and server.properties file

You can then edit your server.properties to the requirements of your server. If you want to add BoP or ATh if mindcrack has that then add the generator settings and delete /server2/world

Also you will need to download the 1.6.4 version of the plugins you want and put them in the plugins folder

Start and stop the server again letting it load the plugins

You will then be able to edit all plugin config files including your permissions plugin config.yml and other mod configs

After all that is done start the server

You will have a brand new 1.6.4 server with no old files.

Akmana

Jul 29, 2019
I think your over thinking it,

You have a mindcrack 1.4.7 server and you want a brand new 1.6.4 server with every config, mod, world, plugin new is what I got from that.

Let's call 1.4.7 mindcrack server1 located at /server1

You download the 1.6.4 server files and put it in a new folder /server2

Your choice wether or not to delete /server1

Then shutdown server1

In the /server2 if you want plugins go ahead and replace the server.jar with a mcpc.jar

Also edit your start script provided to your needs

Then start the server and then stop, this will create a plugins folder and server.properties file

You can then edit your server.properties to the requirements of your server. If you want to add BoP or ATh if mindcrack has that then add the generator settings and delete /server2/world

Also you will need to download the 1.6.4 version of the plugins you want and put them in the plugins folder

Start and stop the server again letting it load the plugins

You will then be able to edit all plugin config files including your permissions plugin config.yml and other mod configs

After all that is done start the server

You will have a brand new 1.6.4 server with no old files.

There is only 1 problem with this, there is no 1.6.4 for mindcrack. But you say download the 1.6.4 server files where do I download these? without having to download direwolf, unlimited or any other of the already premade servers.

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
There is only 1 problem with this, there is no 1.6.4 for mindcrack. But you say download the 1.6.4 server files where do I download these? without having to download direwolf, unlimited or any other of the already premade servers.
Here we are showing you where to get premade modpacks. If you want to manually update each mod and add more to the pack manually configuring them that would be basically creating your own modpack and naming it mindcrack. To make it follow these guidelines http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/3rd-party-modpack-guidelines.18250/ however that is a LOT of work hence the small amount of modpacks.

Akmana

Jul 29, 2019
The Crack Pack by ATLauncher is an official successor of MindCrack pack.

Okay I was looking at their site but they are not allowing for downloading of servers like FTB currently. So how would I go about getting a Crack Pack server so I can have for just me and my friends without having to put it up for others to join? Is there a way to download the server pack like FTB so I can run it off my own computer?

Here we are showing you where to get premade modpacks. If you want to manually update each mod and add more to the pack manually configuring them that would be basically creating your own modpack and naming it mindcrack. To make it follow these guidelines http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/3rd-party-modpack-guidelines.18250/ however that is a LOT of work hence the small amount of modpacks.

If I cannot get ahold of a ATlauncher Crack Pack Server I would need to go this route, it being a lot of work and time consuming would not be an issue for me, I have many hours within a fay to actually do this, Just I need a stepping stone to start with.

ostPavel

Jul 29, 2019
Huh? What do you mean by " they are not allowing for downloading of servers like FTB currently"?

The "Create Server" button is next to "New Instance", scroll to The Crack Pack in the launcher and download both of them to get both a client and a server

Akmana

Jul 29, 2019
Huh? What do you mean by " they are not allowing for downloading of servers like FTB currently"?

The "Create Server" button is next to "New Instance", scroll to The Crack Pack in the launcher and download both of them to get both a client and a server

Disregard my last post, I had no idea what the ATLauncher was, never herd of it until today and I was at work at the time and was unable to look at it. However I was able to finally look at it and it looks like the "Crack Pack" has had Gregtech removed upon release and the newest version does not have IC2 in it anymore they said because of issues with IC2 so they removed it for the current patch.

I went to download the older version that had IC2 in it so what I just need to figure out now is how to install gregtech and still be able to run the server. And in this case it is more then just dropping the zip file into the mods folder, it seems Gregs mod is a little more complex then that.