Millènaire

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Michael280

Jul 29, 2019
I think they do stay somewhat active.

I get many messages about village X sending attackers to village Y, so village activity of some kind is happening while I'm away from them.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah...auto chunk loading is a no-no for mods for exactly that reason. Entities in MC are crazy laggy.

sisho

Jul 29, 2019
No the villages stop after their chunk is unloaded. The lag primarily comes from initial creation of villages not to mention there is a lot of AI coding in the NPCs for the villages. Heavy AI coding can cause a lot of lag, just look at stuff like the Zombie Awareness mod. If not implemented properly it can be pretty nasty.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
No the villages stop after their chunk is unloaded. The lag primarily comes from initial creation of villages not to mention there is a lot of AI coding in the NPCs for the villages. Heavy AI coding can cause a lot of lag, just look at stuff like the Zombie Awareness mod. If not implemented properly it can be pretty nasty.
No, ZA is laggy because of the scent and stuff like it, as it has to remember where the player has been for (I think it is) 30 minutes, along with keeping up with what they are doing, then there is the zombs that have to track you, etc.

triblades

Jul 29, 2019
Millènaire... Now there's a mod I haven't heard in a 'long' time! Lovely. :)
Mainly because of Technic and FTB and the lack of this mod in their flagship packs. I would love to see a (private) modpack with this in it, which is updated and supported regularly.

The thing is, I love more AI in Minecraft. This means more 'real' interaction with the world. Downside is that Artificial Intelligence in general uses resources, and a lot of it when coded less efficient. Since it's a long time ago I saw millènaire, I couldn't say how it performs these days.

Reactions: HeraBulldog

Michael280

Jul 29, 2019
I've seen Millènaire used recently in one of the big ATLauncher packs that was the flavor of the month for many twitch streamers a few months back.

The pack included Millènaire but had it's village generation turned off, and village wands were added to the loot tables of roguelike dungeons. So you had Millènaire lone buildings in the world, but would have to clear a roguelike or two to loot the town wand to create your own village.

Even without it's villages, Millènaire lone buildings are nice to come across for resources and just to flesh out the world with the occasional NPC.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I've seen Millènaire used recently in one of the big ATLauncher packs that was the flavor of the month for many twitch streamers a few months back.

The pack included Millènaire but had it's village generation turned off, and village wands were added to the loot tables of roguelike dungeons. So you had Millènaire lone buildings in the world, but would have to clear a roguelike or two to loot the town wand to create your own village.

Even without it's villages, Millènaire lone buildings are nice to come across for resources and just to flesh out the world with the occasional NPC.

That actually gives me a really good idea to add it to my pack >:3

Reactions: HeraBulldog

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
No, ZA is laggy because of the scent and stuff like it, as it has to remember where the player has been for (I think it is) 30 minutes, along with keeping up with what they are doing, then there is the zombs that have to track you, etc.
Strange, I've had zero lag with Zombie Awareness, and been using it for the last 3 minecraft versions.