Might be a noob question but automatically harvest/fill water bucket?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Yourfanboy

Jul 29, 2019
My peat farm requires some water so it can autocraft the bog earth, now i can't find retrievers/timers/filters and such anymore probably because the mod hasn't been updated/included in the latest ftb version yet..

I searched a bit on youtube, especially liking dire's let's play because it gave me a good guideline with explanations on how to get started but i couldn't find an alternative and i'm getting tired of having to replace it constantly which is the reason i started playing the FTB pack in the first place =)

Is there a replacement for it or do i just have to do it manually untill the mod is updated(/added back to the pack)

Thanks in advance and sorry if the answe was obvious and i would've missed it

any1seenjoe

Jul 29, 2019
I made a autobucket filling system using buildcraft pipes/gates and a vanilla dispenser. Thermal expansion also adds a machine that can fill buckets

Yourfanboy

Jul 29, 2019
I made a autobucket filling system using buildcraft pipes/gates and a vanilla dispenser. Thermal expansion also adds a machine that can fill buckets
I haven't really looked into buildcraft gates so i'll take a look into that one then.. thanks!

I haven't looked into thermal expansion at all yet, its on my wiki list to read so i'll take a look into that aswell..

Thanks for the answer

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't used peat farms but you could use Aqueous Accumulator to get water and if the farm accepts liquid directly you can just plop that right next to it and it will work just like that. Put two water source blocks next to the Accumulator to get it working max speed. If the farm needs to be supplied water buckets instead just put a Liquid Transposer in between. It will require some power but not much. Aqueous Accumulator works without power.

Mikey_R

Jul 29, 2019
Setup a aqueous accumulator (place 2 water sources next to it for maximum gain), send it into a liquid transposer which can fill buckets for you, output to a chest then into your auto crafting table.

Things to note, the Liquid Transposer does need power to work, also, the autocrafting table will put the empty buckets back into the chest that is next to it (don't know how it handles pipes) so you might need to occasionally move some empty buckets around. One of the nice things about Thermal Expansion machines is that you don't need pipes to get between machines, just open the tab on the right and you can select where you want the inputs and outputs to be, and they are colour coded to make it easier. So you could set up something like, Aqueous accumulator with the output in top, place the liquid transposer directly ontop with the input on the bottom and set the output to be another side with a chest next to it to auto fill the chest, you can then put an auto crafting table next to the chest. That takes no pipes and is simple and compact. You will still need pipes to extract from the crafting table, but you have to pipe the Bog Earth to where you want it anyway.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
Aqueous Accumulator doesn't use any power, though, or pipes if you have the Liquid Transposer right next to it, too. This is if you use autocrafting table. With carpenter you can have the Accumulator right next to it and it will have all the water it needs. You should have two water source blocks next to each Accumulator you use to max it out. One of those is enough to keep a maximum sized high pressure steam boiler filled with water.

I haven't done any recipes with autocrafting table where it would have leftout items like buckets, how does that work? Where do those go?

Mikey_R

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't done any recipes with autocrafting table where it would have leftout items like buckets, how does that work? Where do those go?
Assuming the input chest for the auto crafting table is next to the table, it will draw in the water bucket and put the empty bucket back into the input chest. I will assume, if you used pipes, that the bucket will get sent back down the input pipe, but I don't know for sure.