Solved Microsoft migration issue using the FTB App

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Jabba2022

Mar 10, 2022
I am new to the FTB Forum (and forums in general), so I am hoping that I am posting this technical issue in the right spot.

I open up the FTB App just fine and I click play to start playing Oceanblock. I get a message saying, "Minecraft Login -- Now that Minecraft uses Microsoft to login, we now require to login to your Mirosoft account or your Mojang account. Sign in with (Microsoft Button)" (See Screenshot 1 below)

I then get a message saying to try logging into Minecraft using my Microsoft account. (See screenshot 2 below)

It then takes me to Microsoft where I put in my email address and password. (See screenshot 3 below)

I get a message saying I got in (See screenshot 4 below)

I close the tab and I get an error message saying that something went wrong (See screenshot 5 below)

This is all due the mandatory migration from a Mojang account to a Microsoft account. Yes, I did check my MS account to make sure that I do not have a child account, and I don't; they have my correct B-Day. I have not, and will not, purchase Minecraft from Microsoft. As for the last line, "Please, use the Official Launcher at least once.", I've always used the FTB App to launch Oceanblock, so I am not sure where to go from here. I've tried to look for Oceanblock on Curseforge, but I have never been able to find it there.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    140.4 KB · Views: 1,383
  • Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    110.1 KB · Views: 542
  • Screenshot (3)_LI.jpg
    Screenshot (3)_LI.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 595
  • Screenshot (4).png
    Screenshot (4).png
    105.4 KB · Views: 878
  • Screenshot (5).png
    Screenshot (5).png
    242 KB · Views: 1,285

Jabba2022

Mar 10, 2022
I found a solution to the problem. I had to login to Minecraft.net and migrate my account from their website to Microsoft. Once I did that, I opened the FTB App again and went through the process that I described in my orginal post, but this time it went through. I was able to click play on the Oceanblock icon and it loaded. I hope this helps someone else out.

bored

Jul 29, 2019
I am having this exact issue, but my account has already been migrated. This used to work, I was using this app without issue previously. Also I can login fine with the curseforge app.