MFR treefarm issues!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

harshbarj

Jul 29, 2019
I am running a Mine factory reloaded tree farm and it sometimes stops working for hours at a time. In this time trees will not grow. I have to hit it with bone meal or a watering can to get it to do anything. It is a small setup running 8 planters and harvesters. I also use lilypads of fertility(9) to speed things up. This is all connected to a ME network and one boiler(36 hp). Just enough to run the base and one quarry. This is the same setup I use on my SP worlds with no issues.

The tree farm is underground, but is large enough to allow even the large trees full room to grow. I even went so far as to add glass and expose it to the sky, all for not sadly. Any ideas or suggestion are welcome as this is my primary power source.

This is on a private whitelisted server running ftb unleashed.

harshbarj

Jul 29, 2019
It is chunk loaded and just to bite this one in the butt, no I do not have any wrath lamps (I could just see that one coming despite me saying the farm does work for a while).

harshbarj

Jul 29, 2019
And it is working again, after not one tree growing for over 13 hours. It will break again, it always does. Just glad I have a large supply of wood to keep the boiler hot.

Ripley

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think it's MFR related if the trees are planted and harvested, I don't think MFR handles the trees growing in any way(it just plants them and check if they did grow).
The question is does those trees not growing happen at a specific time?
Either when you log off or when you're out of the chunk?
Is everything from the engines to the conduits going to the farm to the farm itself properly chunk loaded?

Because what you see as the trees not growing could simply be the planter not replanting, and when you log in and go check on it it replants them instantly, making it seem like they haven't grown at all.
It also might be related to the lily pads of fertility, I never used more than one of those in a mfr wheat farm and never had any problems but maybe putting 9 of those does?

Umbrix88

Jul 29, 2019
Are you sure the harvester is getting enough power?
I had the same issue in my world, i changed the power input and it worked somewhat better.

What i think the harvester does, is store energy, and use it in bursts.
Iff there is not enough power to supply the burst it will wait, the more tree's the longer the burst.
Just my thought here, i could be completely wrong....
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nevermind, i just cant read..... its the tree's that dont grow, sorry cant help you here

Drawde

Jul 29, 2019
Just making sure, but is the entire power network chunk loaded? If even one pipe/wire/cable goes into a chunk that isn't loaded, everything past it stops getting power.

If that's not it, it's likely a random bug. Sometimes things just go wrong in modded Minecraft.

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
While it's a rather off chance, but did you design a shutoff based upon quantity of available fuel and then forget about it?

Runo

Jul 29, 2019
what kind of tree is it? also, is there open space up the length of the tree as well as the ground floor around where the trunk could grow? lets say, for example, you were using exterabiomesXL 2x2 redwoods and had a cobblestone 'ring' around the base of the farm at the same height of the saplings and were only using a 3x3 space. only 1 of the 9 saplings growth would trigger the redwood, because all the others have a block to the northwest of the sapling. if youve surrounded the farm in lilypads this could be causing the issue.