MFR Harvester will not harvest. DW 10.0.23

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Lgweaver

Jul 29, 2019
I am attempting to set up a MFR tree farm. I have tried it both with oak and jungle saplings. and the planter and fertilizer both function correctly, but the harvester will not harvest at all. I have power supplies to all three. I have itemducts to all 3 the harvester's itemduct it wrenched in the Output direction. there is no redstone signal to any of the units. there is a void pipe on the harvester so it can rid it's self of any sludge as it accumulates, but since it has yet to harvest anything that has yet to be an issue. Oh 1 final thing they all have the same upgrade.

I would love to hear that this is a known issue and not something weird with my server...

Yes the harvester is pointing the correct direction.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Don't wrench the itemduct on the harvester. It auto outputs.

Lgweaver

Jul 29, 2019
when I said wrenched for output It is red. I do not have a lever activating it. as it doesn't need it since it does auto output

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
when I said wrenched for output It is red. I do not have a lever activating it. as it doesn't need it since it does auto output
Well, if it won't output on it's own, then try the lever and force an output. It won't harvest if the items won't go anywhere.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Unless the itemduct connection is blue. It has to be red. I've yet to see anything auto eject into an itemduct's blue connection.

Yeah, I derped. For some reason I was thinking fluiduct, not itemduct.

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
there is in fact somewhere for the items to go correct? i know you say you have itemducts but do they lead anywhere?

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
I am attempting to set up a MFR tree farm. I have tried it both with oak and jungle saplings. and the planter and fertilizer both function correctly, but the harvester will not harvest at all. I have power supplies to all three. I have itemducts to all 3 the harvester's itemduct it wrenched in the Output direction. there is no redstone signal to any of the units. there is a void pipe on the harvester so it can rid it's self of any sludge as it accumulates, but since it has yet to harvest anything that has yet to be an issue. Oh 1 final thing they all have the same upgrade.

I would love to hear that this is a known issue and not something weird with my server...

Yes the harvester is pointing the correct direction.

Screenshots would be helpful

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

<*///><

Jul 29, 2019
This is incorrect. They can perfectly output into itemducts, assuming there's an inventory with room connected to that itemduct.
My usual farm setup looks like this :
LzBcQq2.png
[DOUBLEPOST=1401031078][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, you don't need to void the sludge. The harvester doesn't care if it fills with sludge, it's only when it fills with items that it stops-

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
This is incorrect. They can perfectly output into itemducts, assuming there's an inventory with room connected to that itemduct.
My usual farm setup looks like this :
LzBcQq2.png
[DOUBLEPOST=1401031078][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, you don't need to void the sludge. The harvester doesn't care if it fills with sludge, it's only when it fills with items that it stops-
In all my testing having a regular chest, gold chest, and powered furnace from TE it only output into chests and I had to setup itemducts to extract from chests.

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Version in Ag Skies works perfectly fine with Item Ducts straight out of the machine in question. I have multiple setups, wrench so arrow is red, no need to force extraction and make sure there is a valid inventory to deposit and you are good to go.

Lgweaver

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you all for the help. I have it working now after a server restart. no other changes were made...

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Certain MFR machines derp up with certain TE item pipe, I remedied it by adding a chest on the output to act as a buffer with any sort of extractor tube.

Then again if that setup @<*///>< displayed in that pic works, my solution might not even be needed. But in my experience MFR harvesters have never played nice with pipes.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking