MFR and Magical Crops

Shirkit

Jul 29, 2019
Hey,

I'm playing FTB Monster with MFR 2.74 and Magical Crops 3.1.6. Looking at the changelogs, MFR 2.72 fixed MC support, and it should be working. I can't get the Harvester/Planter to collect the fully grown stuff nor to plant the seeds, nor to plant the seeds from it. Can someone give me a hand into this?

Also, besides Thaumcraft golems, how else can I automate MFR? I don't use Thaumcraft as I dislike it.

SynfulChaot

Jul 29, 2019
Hey,

I'm playing FTB Monster with MFR 2.74 and Magical Crops 3.1.6. Looking at the changelogs, MFR 2.72 fixed MC support, and it should be working. I can't get the Harvester/Planter to collect the fully grown stuff nor to plant the seeds, nor to plant the seeds from it. Can someone give me a hand into this?

Also, besides Thaumcraft golems, how else can I automate MFR? I don't use Thaumcraft as I dislike it.

MFR still doesn't currently support Magical Crops. I think Thaumcraft may be the only way, but I haven't personally tested Forestry multifarms or Rotarycraft fans.

Shirkit

Jul 29, 2019
The weird part is that on the MFR changelog for version 2.72, it says: "Fixed: Magical crops support" =\

SynfulChaot

Jul 29, 2019
The 'fix' was to remove the partial support as previously it would give the wrong products and occasionally plant fully-grown crops. The full fix isn't in, yet.

SynfulChaot

Jul 29, 2019
From the thread for Magical Crops:
The subject of the Minefactory Reloaded Compatibility,

I just spoke to skyboy, the current dev for the mod on irc, and he told me his time is very limited right now and is unable to fix the MFR compatibility. He told me that, "i was getting reports of the harvester producing the wrong drops and the planter planting fully grown crops, so i yanked it to stop possibly exploits."

He also told me that I could go fix it myself if I wanted to, but I have no idea how to code. So, if you could please go over to powercrystals github or jenkins and take a look around and provide the devs over there the changes to Magical Crops that was giving wrong information to the planter and harvester, it wold benefit all of us who use these two mods together.

Source

jokermatt999

Jul 29, 2019
Adding support for Rotary Craft fans. 1 gasoline engine can run one well, and the auto replanting works perfectly. You just need a hopper or similar to collect drops. (And a dc engine and a fermenter to get started on ethanol I suppose.)

Jgizle

Jul 29, 2019
i believe rotary craft has a vacuum block to suck up items, if not there are some other mods in the latest mod packs that do.

Sarda

Jul 29, 2019
I use RF Engines powered engines -> RC Fans for Harvesting, they're very adjustable so you can easily scale them as large as you need. At the collection zone I use MFR conveyor belts to a MFR Cargo Manager next to a chest which then gets sent to the AE network.

The engines are set to 8nm torque, 1024 rad/s; they harvest 14 plants in a row, after that you need to double the power output for another 2 plants so it isn't worth going past 14.

(Ignore the other crap, this is my test world. lol)

Last edited:

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
You might be able to use MineTweaker to add compatibility. According to it's wiki, you can add plants the harvester/planter can work with.

d34dl0ck

Jul 29, 2019
I use RF Engines powered engines -> RC Fans for Harvesting, they're very adjustable so you can easily scale them as large as you need. At the collection zone I use MFR conveyor belts to a MFR Cargo Manager next to a chest which then gets sent to the AE network.

The engines are set to 8nm torque, 1024 rad/s; they harvest 14 plants in a row, after that you need to double the power output for another 2 plants so it isn't worth going past 14.

(Ignore the other crap, this is my test world. lol)

You have just made the rest of my work day so much longer. I have been trying to work out a solution to this for a while. Now I stumble upon this and have to wait HOURS before i can try it for myself. HOURS I TELL YOU!!!

Reactions: Sarda

Sarda

Jul 29, 2019
You have just made the rest of my work day so much longer. I have been trying to work out a solution to this for a while. Now I stumble upon this and have to wait HOURS before i can try it for myself. HOURS I TELL YOU!!!

You can even improve it further now since Magneto-...whatever engines now respond to a redstone signal, you can set up a rednet computer on all of them and just have them activate like once every 5-10 minutes for 15 seconds and use practically none of the power of leaving them constantly running. :D

d34dl0ck

Jul 29, 2019
You can even improve it further now since Magneto-...whatever engines now respond to a redstone signal, you can set up a rednet computer on all of them and just have them activate like once every 5-10 minutes for 15 seconds and use practically none of the power of leaving them constantly running. :D
Stop! Stop now! I don't need to know this for another 5 or so hours. CURSES!! (Really though, thanks for the input. I'll try to remember to get a screen shot of what I can get going later.) :)

d34dl0ck

Jul 29, 2019
I am going to kick myself for this, but do you know if the fans work with enderlily seeds as well?

Sarda

Jul 29, 2019
I am going to kick myself for this, but do you know if the fans work with enderlily seeds as well?

I'm not sure I don't have one planted on my test world to find out and they take a billion years to grow with no way to speed it up. Magic Crops has its own Ender Pearl plants and the fan works fine with them, they grow a hell of a lot faster then ender-lilys too.

d34dl0ck

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure I don't have one planted on my test world to find out and they take a billion years to grow with no way to speed it up. Magic Crops has its own Ender Pearl plants and the fan works fine with them, they grow a hell of a lot faster then ender-lilys too.
Yeah, I know about the Magic Crop Ender Pearl plant, but have no ender pearls to make them yet. So, I am stuck with the enderlily seeds for the time being. Protip, bonemeal has the reverse effect on them...

Sarda

Jul 29, 2019
So just hunt a few endermen for the pearls to make the seeds :eek: if your on peaceful difficulty, make a Peaceful Table and just walk away for like 5 minutes you'll eventually get a ender pearl to make the seeds.