Metallurgy 3 Question (Horizons)

TaintedBlood1101

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, I feel like I'm possibly a complete idiot or running into a bug, but I simply cannot craft any tools (picks, shovels, axes) or swords from metallurgy.

Every source I have run into simply says to craft the items the same way you would a default tool (ie; three deep iron ingots on the top row of a crafting grid+two sticks vertically in the middle column should craft a deep iron pick) but this simply does not work for me. On top of that, NEI does not display recipes for the weapons or tools when clicked on but I can cheat mode them into my inventory.

The weird thing is, armor crafts just like normal. Eight deep iron ingots for example in the chestplate pattern forms a deep iron chest plate.

This issue applies to absolutely all metallurgy metals from steel to tartarite. Is there a special tool I need or something that is not indicated? Or is there something I am missing in the crafting process?

I am running Horizons 2.1.0 if it matters. If this is a known issue or anyone could tell me what I am doing wrong I would very much appreciate it. Thank you.

gallowglass

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, I feel like I'm possibly a complete idiot or running into a bug, but I simply cannot craft any tools (picks, shovels, axes) or swords from metallurgy.

Every source I have run into simply says to craft the items the same way you would a default tool (ie; three deep iron ingots on the top row of a crafting grid+two sticks vertically in the middle column should craft a deep iron pick) but this simply does not work for me. On top of that, NEI does not display recipes for the weapons or tools when clicked on but I can cheat mode them into my inventory.

The weird thing is, armor crafts just like normal. Eight deep iron ingots for example in the chestplate pattern forms a deep iron chest plate.

This issue applies to absolutely all metallurgy metals from steel to tartarite. Is there a special tool I need or something that is not indicated? Or is there something I am missing in the crafting process?

I am running Horizons 2.1.0 if it matters. If this is a known issue or anyone could tell me what I am doing wrong I would very much appreciate it. Thank you.

I think this is a design decision by the pack creator(s). I suspect that you can check the configs if you want to change it.

TaintedBlood1101

Jul 29, 2019
Im curious, why craft them when you have TiC
I've never been a big fan of TiC, particularly the smeltery is just ugly and rather slow. I also didn't want to take the time to learn how to sort my molten metal efficiently for a mod I didn't often touch. I mainly leave it in for my friends I play with as they love the tools.

I think this is a design decision by the pack creator(s). I suspect that you can check the configs if you want to change it.
Do you think it would be a config in metallurgy or in Extra TiC, I've never been very good at hunting configs down unfortunately.

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
I've never been a big fan of TiC, particularly the smeltery is just ugly and rather slow. I also didn't want to take the time to learn how to sort my molten metal efficiently for a mod I didn't often touch. I mainly leave it in for my friends I play with as they love the tools.

Do you think it would be a config in metallurgy or in Extra TiC, I've never been very good at hunting configs down unfortunately.
i think it's actually in the regular TiC config

TaintedBlood1101

Jul 29, 2019
I managed to find it and change it, thanks guys. One more question, if I change the config, will everyone on my server have to update their own as well in order to play?

Xerkat

Jul 29, 2019
I am having the same problem, and I've tried looking through all my config files but I can't find anything that would change the recipes, could someone please tell me the exact config file and line to change? :3