Open Memory Leak still present. (3.0.4)

Deadgye

Jul 29, 2019
Summary of the problem Memory Leak still present. (3.0.4)

Pack Version 3.0.0

What is the bug? Ram usage continues to increase during gameplay until it eventually consumes all available memory on my system. In comparison to the memory leak in 3.0.0 it is around 4x slower?

In 3.0.0 with -xmx set to 4g I experienced a javaw.exe memory usage of ~7g on launch with it increasing to 9+g in less than an hour. In 3.0.4 with -xmx set to 4g I experience a javaw.exe memory usage of ~5g on launch with it increasing to ~8g after maybe 2-3 hours?

Snips of taskmgr: https://bucket.bluegartr.com/ce0fa747d136f03605d8c1edbe0e1ebd.jpg

Mod & Version Skyfactory 3 (3.0.4)

Link to log file

Is it repeatable? Happens every time.

Known Fix Closing and reopening the client allows continued play, though that's not really a "fix" but more of a stopgap measure.

G

Garpu

Out of curiosity, I removed Reliquia (3.0.4), and the memory leaks appear to be reduced. (I was able to play an hour while streaming podcasts, which would generally result in a memory leak and crash with Reliquia in.) I'm not sure if it's the sole culprit, but it appears to have helped things. (I'm also using foamfix .050 final.)

pjfranke

Jul 29, 2019
Is the intended platform to download and play the pack Curse, or the FTB Launcher? I ask because Curse doesn't seem to let me run with other than Java 1.8.25.

The below is all simply my anecdotal evidence, I am not fishing for troubleshooting help.

I was experiencing memory issues with 3.0.1, but performance was fine. I tried to upgrade to 3.0.4, and memory usage was improved, but I was getting lag spikes immediately upon launching my save. SSP instance, with a small island/save so far (4MB).

I have Java 1.8.111 x64 as my system JRE, and so copied my instance and tried running the pack via MultiMC. Launching the instance no longer takes all remaining RAM, and I'm not having Windows nagging me about being out of RAM.

Xmx set to 4GB, ~6GB of 16GB in use prior to launching. Nearly all of the 9GB of free RAM would get used to simply launch the pack.

BrainInBlack

Jul 29, 2019
The Curse Launcher is clearly doing something different than MultiMC. As soon as i copied my instance over to it, most of the memory related "issues" where gone and there even was a performance improvement. Nothing to write home about, but something is not quite right with the way Curse is handling Minecraft, especially the memory allocation is sometimes off by several GB.

Reactions: SolarEclipz

Darkosto

Jul 29, 2019
Make sure that if you're using curse, your java version is up to date. The reason you get Java 8 25 with Curse is because that's what you get with the Vanilla Launcher. Unfortunately, some mods need later versions. Also, since Java has fixed a lot since 25, you'll notice better performance when switching and this should match your MultiMC performance. You can change this in your Minecraft settings in Curse. Let me know if this fixes it.

N

Nutcatcher

I tried it with curse MC settings set to use java 1.8.111 and 4g of ram to use. Client takes now way longer to load and is several times not responding (due to GC I guess) But memory usage still increases to 12g after a few hours.I Testet with 3.0.4 as well.

Gesendet von meinem SM-A300FU mit Tapatalk

G

Garpu

I think this one might be improved? I played two hours last night, and no crash due to memory leaks. (In 3.0.4, I'd get about an hour and 20 minutes before a memory leak-related crash.) Only reason why I quit was because I needed a bathroom break. :p

T

tws

No guarantee for everyone obviously, but for me, I can confirm what Garpu says. Memory usage was almost halved for me with 3.0.5. :)