Windows .exe Memory allocation not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lithuex

Jul 29, 2019
Operating System, bit type: Windows 7, 64-bit
Java version/update, bit type: 7, update 51
Launcher version: 1.3.4
Completed the troubleshooting guide (y/n): y
Console log, pastebin.com link: http://puu.sh/6JEaH.txt (not pastebin, log is too big.
Description of the problem:
Well, I gen'd a new world after having played FTB Monster for a while just fine (about 8 hours), and then I noticed lots of lag-spikes. My game would freeze for a second every 5-6 seconds. I hit F3 and what do I know? Memory allocation reached. I've had this before, so I went about trying to fix it. I tried in the launcher, in java properties, minecraft launcher itself, setting it all to 2048M, but whenever I went back in game I kept seeing that it's allocation was roughly 1GB. Anyone had this before, or knows why it happens?

Last edited:

Marcel van Dongen

Jul 29, 2019
You should probably take a look at the first thread in this part of the forums (this). I would also try to move the launcher into its own folder (C:\games\FTB), and force updating it. There seems to be a problem with a resource pack file.

Lithuex

Jul 29, 2019
Forgot to mention I did what you linked, all the arguements are there, they get overwritten or something from somewhere, since it's always allocated at 1G. I'm redownloading the game now (and have been) while I made this post, but it's going really, really slowly.

Lithuex

Jul 29, 2019
Download finished, launched it, it crashed, now it's downloading it again.

Guess I'll try it in C:\Games\FTB now

Lithuex

Jul 29, 2019
Well, just to update, old versions aren't working, can't download the game again and would appreciate any help you guys could give me here.

Lithuex

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, thanks. I had it set to chicago. I'll try to get it on my SSD since it worked when it was in appdata on my SSD. It's downloading now. Will update when it's done.

Lithuex

Jul 29, 2019
It's stopped crashing, but back to the original problem now.
These highlighted areas seem to be the problem, but I don't know how to change them from what I've already done.

2014-02-05 03:00:13 [INFO] [STDOUT] JVM Flags: 21 total; -Xms256M -Xmx2048M -XX:permSize=256m -Xms2048m -XX:permSize=256m -XX:NewRatio=3 -XX:SurvivorRatio=3 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=80 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=8 -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=10 -XX:GCPauseIntervalMillis=50 -XX:MaxGCMinorPauseMillis=7 -XX:+ExplicitGCInvokesConcurrent -XX:+UseCMSInitiatingOccupancyOnly -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=60 -XX:+BindGCTaskThreadsToCPUs -Xnoclassgc -Xmx1g -Xms1g

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Right click on Computer, go to Properties. Go to Advanced tab. Click on Environment Variables. Under System Variables, scroll until you see one for Java, it should have those rogue aruegments as values. Delete it.

Lithuex

Jul 29, 2019
Welp, fixed it. For anyone else having this problem all you gotta do is:
Open start menu
Right click on computer, go to properties.
When this new screen pops up, go to advanced system settings on the left-hand sub-menu.
In the advanced sub-bar, hit enviroment variables. You should have _JAVA_OPTIONS as an enviroment variable. This seems to override everything else you put in. Enter desired values.

Thanks a lot for the help here, guys.[DOUBLEPOST=1391531562][/DOUBLEPOST]
Right click on Computer, go to Properties. Go to Advanced tab. Click on Environment Variables. Under System Variables, scroll until you see one for Java, it should have those rogue aruegments as values. Delete it.

Heh, just as I got it myself. Thanks a lot, though :D.

Reactions: Tristam Izumi
Status
Not open for further replies.