Mekanism: why BuildCraft support will not be included in 1.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexandria

Jul 29, 2019
The below two posts by CovertJaguar explain things quite well to me and I'm not even a coder, & King Lemming posted pertinent info also.

This thread is just to stir up trouble, LOCKED. (Please don't start another thread about the BuildCraft Power API unless you have a valid issue.)

I denied you're request because you have yet to provide an example usage that would not be better served by interacting with a power provider as is. Like the Wooden Power Pipe does in Buildcraft. I'd be more than happy to make accommodations to the power provider to make such a design easier to implement (not that its hard now). But you've pointedly ignored that suggestion despite my pointing it out multiple times.

I repeat, what you want to do is still 100% possible, but only if you use the power provider as an intermediary rather than an event collector.

Still waiting for the explanation as to why you are rejecting alternative implementations. The Wooden Power Pipe does exactly, I repeat EXACTLY, what you are trying to do with your wires. You could practically copy/paste the Wooden Power Pipe code into your wire class and have it work first try. I've done nothing that will harm your mod, except force you to think outside the box.

Alright, I better nip this one quickly. :p

I looked over the code. It looks fine to me, I don't think anything will have to change on my end, truth be told, so let's check those thoughts at the door now. In fact, I think this can be leveraged to make conduits MORE efficient, something I'm definitely on board with. There's actually a tiny legacy change I'd like CJ to make, and I'll bring that up with him at some point, but the fact is this - CJ, Sengir, and Krapht are all damn competent coders, and regardless of what they think about TE or me personally, I have a ton respect for them (and legitimately like them, despite any perceived conflicts) and I'm going to work with them as much as possible to make a better mod environment.

Yes, CoFHLib has a skeleton of a power framework. It's something I've sort of juggled, and it may or may not be implemented at some point, but I see no reason that requires me to drop BC integration at this point, so long as using BC power does not directly require BC to be installed. I'll always play with it personally, but ehh, I respect those who don't - that's the point of mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.