(Mekanism) Teach me the basics?

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
So I've been having so much hassle with IC2 Experimental branch that I decided to roll back all my 1.6.2 mods to versions that didn't require the IC2 EXP branch to run. I then decided to completely remove IC2 (of ANY make or model) from my personal modpack... and just use Resonant Induction / Mekanism / MineChem and BuildCraft / Forestry style standards. Now however, as a side effect of this, I cannot get ANY power generation from Mekanism to work. As soon as I plug Mekanism power generation into a battery cube (from Mekanism also) I get an immediate crash and the save is corrupted.

ARGH!

Saizetsu

Jul 29, 2019
So How would I upgrade the basic factory with speed/energy upgrades? Everytime i put the energy or speed upgrade into the box in the upper right corner it throws it out of my inventory.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
So How would I upgrade the basic factory with speed/energy upgrades? Everytime i put the energy or speed upgrade into the box in the upper right corner it throws it out of my inventory.

Turn off NEI and try it.

Saizetsu

Jul 29, 2019
How do I turn NEI off?
Apologies but my friend dumped mods on me and hasn't explained them to me.

And I figured it out but it keeps throwing them out.

Nope got it to work cool thank you very much.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
If all else fails, you can shift-click them into the machines, when you've got the GUI open, and it'll put 'em where they need to go, like how you can quickly get things into/out of a chest.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
I wrote a Guide over on the RR forum that the Official FTB Wiki team is permitted to yoink if they're really in desperate need of one, it's not my best work (I think I hacked it out in a couple of hours in a bout of sleep-dep), but it should give you the basics.