Mekanism in a new modpack?

N

neoblackheart

Why has Mekanism not been used in any FTB modpacks since Crackpack? I absolutly love everything it does but I want to play on a newer version of minecraft but with a lack of modpacks that use it I have to keep using 1.7.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Why has Mekanism not been used in any FTB modpacks since Crackpack? I absolutly love everything it does but I want to play on a newer version of minecraft but with a lack of modpacks that use it I have to keep using 1.7.
I know its not an FTB pack, but Age of Engineering (and I believe All The Mods) seems to make good use of it. Bear in mind that things like Beyond were done prior to Mekanism being released, and there were quite a few balance tweaks put into Beyond. Give it time, I'm sure we'll see more - perhaps with the 1.12 flagship, if Mekanism is kept up to date! I've fallen in love with Mek since playing Regrowth myself, so I get where you're coming from :)

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
Mekanism is slightly unbalanced in terms of power and steel, but mainly power it didn't fit well in Beyond with the other mods in the pack and as @GamerwithnoGame said, it hadn't updated at the time.