ME interface with crafting card won't request crafting

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Unit88

Jul 29, 2019
I set up a sub-network so I always have a stock of things I always need, but the interfaces I set up with crafting cards won't request autocrafting from the network. The interfaces are in the same subnetwork as the autocrafting I set up, and I can manually request crafting the same amount of items from a terminal, but even though they have crafting cards in them they won't do it. Everything has power, and channels, I have crafting CPU's in the network and I tried combining them, thinking maybe there wasn't enough crafting storage.

Last edited:

adamich

Jul 29, 2019
In sub nets u cant request craft from main network.
Add interface with item and craft card to main network. then add storage terminal to that interface. connect storage terminal to main network, so u can see what in interface.

Unit88

Jul 29, 2019
In sub nets u cant request craft from main network.
Add interface with item and craft card to main network. then add storage terminal to that interface. connect storage terminal to main network, so u can see what in interface.
I didn't request crafting from the main network. As I've said the interfaces are on the same subnetwork as the autocrafting. They are in a single network, the interface doesn't need to request crafting from the main network.

adamich

Jul 29, 2019
thinking maybe there wasn't enough crafting storage.
If U request some of items, will it be crafted?

Upper line holds 6 interfaces with craft card?
If there some thing already crafting in crafting processors?
how subnet gets supplies for craft?
i think that suppliers storage in main network, so they must go to subnet for craft.

Unit88

Jul 29, 2019
If U request some of items, will it be crafted?

Upper line holds 6 interfaces with craft card?
If there some thing already crafting in crafting processors?
how subnet gets supplies for craft?
i think that suppliers storage in main network, so they must go to subnet for craft.
If I manually request crafting in the subnetwork it works, which means the interfaces should be able to request crafting as well, considering they're in the same network, and they should do the same thing as I did manually. That also means that they can access the items in the main network just like they should and they can use them as ingredients for crafting. Crafting processors are clear, unless I manually request something of course.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
My guess looking at the pictures is that you have channel issues. But it is hard to tell. Try replacing all of the cable with smart cable and see if you are maxing out your channels.

Edit: I was reviewing the screenshots. On the last screenshot the interface doesn't have a channels. The light in center is wrong. It should be more blueish not white if it has a channel.

Last edited:

Unit88

Jul 29, 2019
My guess looking at the pictures is that you have channel issues. But it is hard to tell. Try replacing all of the cable with smart cable and see if you are maxing out your channels.

Edit: I was reviewing the screenshots. On the last screenshot the interface doesn't have a channels. The light in center is wrong. It should be more blueish not white if it has a channel.
Since I posted this thread I have found that problem, but because fixing it didn't fix the problem I have here I didn't mention it. I sorted those channels out, but because they're part of the main network anyway, it shouldn't interfere at all with the autocrafting in a subnetwork

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I was under the impression that you needed an interface plus cpus on the network for any auto crafting.
That being said crafting cards have always been iffy with me. Sometimes when I set up an auto crafting interface system that is supposed to be perpetual, the interface decides to just stop sometimes.
I guess when the crafting cpus get multiple requests from the interface in quick succession it might confuse the memory of the crafting cpus.

Also as an aside, ae seems to struggle with using tools like pams harvestcraft pots and pans from storage bussed things. In my case it was a biblocraft item shelf. (Rather then dominating 8 whole item types I opt to just use 2 channels) it's like the system forgers where things are or where they go. Putting them in the actual drive seems to fix things.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk