me import/export busses not linking up with system

A

Avanom

i have been playing on my own project ozone singleplayer skyblock world (i know this is for ftb but i need some help) im playing on the latest version of project ozone as of 28/05/2016, im trying to make an infinite emc farm and i got the tutorial from online, im not sure if im allowed to link the video but its 2 videos you need to focus on, go to youtube search gamingoncaffeine, in playlists there is a playlist for project ozone, the episodes where they work on the emc farm is 69 and 76, i did the exact same thing as them, the inscribers were placed in the same places, the export and import busses, the cables, but for some reason whenever i link it up just a few of the import/export busses that are around the glass cable that is linked up to power and my ae system are actually linked up to the ae system, here are some details on my system, it has 2 crafting terminals, 1 controller and 5 me drives, the me drives are shaped like a cylinder, and the me glass cable is in the middle of them, and the glass cable that is linked up to my power is running through the cable that connects the infinite emc farm and my ae system, im wondering if there is a block limit of how far an ME cable can reach, if so please tell me, and im 100% sure it doesnt have to do with me missing a cable or something, i have done this exact same setup in 4 different worlds, one on my skyblock, other two are on super flat creative worlds, and the third on one of their world downloads and it still didnt work! if someone can help me here it would be appreciated

mc.crab

Feb 2, 2013
Screenshots of the setup would help, but my guess is that you have maxed out the cable channels. Each ME controller face provides 32 channels, glass cable and smart cable carry 8 channels and dense cale 32 channels. Each item that stores or transport items uses one channel, so your drives and terminals already use 7 channels. You could use dense cable as a main line and brach off with glass cable of smart cable, or make a new cable from a different controller face to connect the import and export busses.

A

Avanom

im pretty sure what your saying is correct, because the only part of the entire setup i wasnt able to see from the vids is the me system, but i still need a bit of help, how do i give me system more channels? do i just have to link it up with some dense cables instead of standard cables?

A

Avanom

and also i just switched all of my glass me cables to dense cables and every cable now has 8 channles out of 32, except for the cables that go to my turbine (which is my power source), and the two cables that are linked up to my me drives and me controller have 12 channels and 10 channels, and it still isnt working

Last edited:
A

Avanom

this is an angle of the ae system
2016-05-29_13.14.57.png

A

Avanom

this is my wiring system, the ae system is on the top left while the turbine is on the right and the emc farm is on the left of the turbine
2016-05-29_13.15.19.png

A

Avanom

the emc farm, exactly as it is in the videos, if you look closely you will be able to tell that a few of the export busses are in fact connected and have the dark blue color on them
2016-05-29_13.15.26.png

A

Avanom

here you can tell how the two first dense cables each have 10 channels connected or 12 channels
2016-05-29_13.15.44.png
2016-05-29_13.15.46.png

A

Avanom

what im wondering here is how do i give my system more channels, or in fact what im doing wrong

mc.crab

Feb 2, 2013
The problem is that in your emc farm image, you use glass cable with the export busses. Glass cables can carry 8 channels.

To get more channels you need to expand your controller. Each controller face allows you to use 32 channels. I'd recommed you to look for a tutorial for P2P tunnels.

A

Avanom

so what you are saying is i have to link up 2 cables from my controller instead of one?

A

Avanom

i searched up a p2p tunnel tutorial, i get it, but it still isnt exactly working, you might as well just tell me straight up how to fix it, i have been playing around with the p2p tunnels and they are not working not a single bit

Last edited:
A

Avanom

update: my dense cables are now all only 8 channels, and also, whenever i add another controller to my setup it crashes so......... i dont know what you mean by adding controllers

Last edited:

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Your problem is still related to channels. As for controllers you really can only have one per network but it can be a multiblock structure. My suggestion is to look up some good information about ME network/channels/P2P tunnels. That is what you need to get this working.

Try nonsanity's videos. He has a few very good videos that explain the P2P netowrks.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=nonsanity

A

Avanom

im honestly eager to give you guys a world download because its seriously not working for some reason, i switched all my cables with dense cables, linked it up with my me system and it still only has 8 channels for some reason
do you guys know how i can give you a world download link?

Last edited:

mc.crab

Feb 2, 2013
You can make a zip file of your world folder and upload it somewhere, like mediafire.

A

Avanom

im uploading the world, but just telling you right now, im not sure if it will be the latest save of the world, probably will, but if not, all the cables at the bottom will be glass cables instead of dense cables