me crafting

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
Got my patterns in the mac. I request a crafting. Nothing happens. I go to my crafting monitor. Nothing is needed for the job. Wiki said it might work to cancel the job and start over. That's not working. How do I get this thing off its ass?[DOUBLEPOST=1402926077][/DOUBLEPOST]Hmm... retstarting game seems to have worked.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Make sure you have both crafting terminal and crafting monitor.

Make sure your recipe is valid.

Other than that, it should work.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
Make sure you have both crafting terminal and crafting monitor.

Make sure your recipe is valid.

Other than that, it should work.
Check, check, and I think check.
The recipie is right. Sand as the material, glass as the result. Pattern is put into interface which is pointed towards powered furnace, import bus connected. Everything is networked. Furnace import export settings are correct.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Check, check, and I think check.
The recipie is right. Sand as the material, glass as the result. Pattern is put into interface which is pointed towards powered furnace, import bus connected. Everything is networked. Furnace import export settings are correct.
But the OP mentions you put the pattern in the MAC?
And can you post a screenshot of your furnace setup?

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
But the OP mentions you put the pattern in the MAC?
And can you post a screenshot of your furnace setup?
I initially tried to craft a te machine block using the mac and had this problem. I restarted and I was able to aUto craft it. Now I'm trying to auto craft glass unsuccessfully. Basically, the me system has never posted the missing materials nor gone through the crafting steps I've built. Ill see about pics in a sec.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I initially tried to craft a te machine block using the mac and had this problem. I restarted and I was able to aUto craft it. Now I'm trying to auto craft glass unsuccessfully. Basically, the me system has never posted the missing materials nor gone through the crafting steps I've built. Ill see about pics in a sec.
Is this just an occasional problem or has it never worked? Cause AE has a bug where the system just fucks up and wont craft anything. People report that building your MAC in a single chunk will help, but I didn't see a difference when doing so.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
I just built the mac and it hasn't really worked. The mac is all in one chunk. The ae network crosses over 2 chunks atm. Now is it an issue that I. Brought over the recipies into the pattern from nei? I can see a possible red flag with it getting confused between a oak plank and a willow plank or something. But sand to glass is pretty straight forward.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Is the furnace actually receiving power? Are you sure the interface and import bus are connected to the network? If using TE machines are the faces you have the input and output devices connected to actually set to input and output correctly? All these clumsy things I have done with ME networks before, so it never hurts to recheck.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I just built the mac and it hasn't really worked. The mac is all in one chunk. The ae network crosses over 2 chunks atm. Now is it an issue that I. Brought over the recipies into the pattern from nei? I can see a possible red flag with it getting confused between a oak plank and a willow plank or something. But sand to glass is pretty straight forward.
No the AE system should be able to use the Forge dictionary to find items, but it will probably rob you of all your precious special woodtypes before going for your bulk of Oak. So I always manually change the recipes to have the right wood, glass, stone etc. listed.

And yeah sand->glass should be simple.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
ME1_zpsad3218a8.jpg

ME3_zps090d1041.jpg

ME2_zps2859e2c0.jpg

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Is the furnace actually receiving power? Are you sure the interface and import bus are connected to the network? If using TE machines are the faces you have the input and output devices connected to actually set to input and output correctly? All these clumsy things I have done with ME networks before, so it never hurts to recheck.
Another important thing is to make sure the ME interfaces aren't adjacent to any other inventory they can export the items to(say another ME interface for example). If you want to place ME interfaces next to each other or other inventories, then use a wrench to specify the export direction.[DOUBLEPOST=1402931123][/DOUBLEPOST]
Just to make sure(we had a case of this a couple weeks ago), you didn't put the sand->glass pattern into the MAC as well didn't you? It should only be in the ME interface.

KiwiUSA

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, that's a pulverizer. You need a furnace for that recipe.

And you don't really need an import bus on the back of the furnace, it will autoeject directly into another ME Interface

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
The pattern is only in the interface. The interface was next to the. Mac before but I moved it over. The interface is now not touching anything but the furnace.[DOUBLEPOST=1402931329][/DOUBLEPOST]Jeezuz... facepalms through my palms....

Reactions: Tankh

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Hmm, that's a pulverizer. You need a furnace for that recipe.

And you don't really need an import bus on the back of the furnace, it will autoeject directly into another ME Interface
There is no difference. The Import bus is fine.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
Still need to check back with the mac... because having the wrong machine isn't a reason why the mac isn't posting missing items or crafting but good times.