ME Auto-Crafting Problem in Sky Factory.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
I have 5 Assemblers around an Interface with appropriate cards and the ores from Ex Nihilo are not being assembled automatically. Don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
No. I want the Assemblers to automatically craft the ore gravels and dusts without ordering them from the system. I have Crafting Cards in all the Interfaces.

RyokuHasu

Jul 29, 2019
then you need another part of your AE system requesting them to have them craft automatically like that, i think.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
I plan to set-up a pulverizer/furnace rig and put the ingots into the system. But I think I'd run into the same issue when the stuff for the pulverizer isn't automatically crafted.

RyokuHasu

Jul 29, 2019
Automatically export them to a chest instead of an interface and have the chest empty into an Auto packager or crafter then import them back into your system from an output chest. From what I can tell for complete automation it's bet to just use export and import busses.

RyokuHasu

Jul 29, 2019
Post a picture of your setup, I've made dozens of auto crafted ore setups in skyfactory I might be able to see what's up.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
I do most of my testing in a creative world. I have 1 Assembler surrounded by 4 Interfaces with import/export buses on an Pulverizer. Export Bus is set to craft Iron Ore Gravel.

x5tfDl.png

But nothing happens.

RyokuHasu

Jul 29, 2019
I said to switch to exporting to a chest and using a non-AE auto-crafter craft your ores then import them back into your system.

Give me a sec I'll get you a picture

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
But it's supposed to work like this. Will wait for your suggestion. Thanks for your help.

RyokuHasu

Jul 29, 2019
With the addition of Storage drawers we now have one of the best auto-crafters for combining the same item, Compacting drawers, here is a working Auto-Crafter design for ores in Skyfactory 2.5

Incidentally Compacting drawers are also one of the best Octupple Compressed Cobble crafters

2016-08-28_21.40.03.png

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
For your autocrafting setup, you need an ME Interface (can be the full-block version or the flat-panel version; both work) adjacent to one or more Molecular Assemblers. The Interface needs a channel; the Assemblers only need power. If you use the full-block Interface, it will share power and channels with/through the Assemblers; the panel version will not. The Interface needs to have your crafting patterns in the bottom slots; anything in the item configuration slots might break things. It does not need a crafting card- or any other upgrades, for that matter.

You'll also need at least one Crafting CPU- a multiblock structure- in order to actually be able to do any autocrafting. Just slap down a 1k crafting unit somewhere on your network; this'll be sufficient for crafting requests that don't have too many steps. Adding more crafting units (or upgrading the existing ones) will allow the CPU to process more complex crafting chains; adding Co-Processor units will allow the CPU to perform more than one step of the same crafting request at once. If any of your automation ends up having to perform multiple independent crafting requests at once (often happens with inscriber automation), you will need two totally separate crafting CPU multiblocks to make it work. Just make a few to be safe. Each multiblock needs its own channel. Also note that each individual CPU multiblock must be a cuboid composed entirely of the empty crafting units and any blocks crafted from them. There can be no holes, indentations, etc.

To request autocrafting on-demand, from an ME Terminal, you just need the above: an Interface with your crafting patterns on a Molecular Assembler and a crafting CPU. I'd recommend trying to request an ore gravel from a Terminal- that'll go a long ways toward diagnosing the problem.

If you want to produce items and stock them feed them into something automatically (such as your Pulverizer), you need an Export Bus or an Interface (but not one of those next to the Assemblers) with a Crafting Card. Configure the bus or interface to push/stock whatever item you want autocrafted (gravel ores, in your case), and if everything is set up correctly, it should work.

Also note that autocrafting does not, in general, work across subnets. If your crafting is one one subnetwork, and whatever's requesting the crafting (the terminal, interface, or export bus) is on another, it won't work. That could also be the issue. P2P and quantum bridges are fine; separate networks, no.

RyokuHasu

Jul 29, 2019
He wants a completely automatic craft where he doesn't need to request it, as far as I know you need to export them to a external crafter for that

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
No what @Someone Else 37 said will work. He just needs an export bus with crafting card for the ores that are ready to be smelted into a redstone furnace (or something similar). The export bus will trigger the crafting of the dusts into blocks.

Personally, I wouldn't use AE for this, but it can be done.

Reactions: RyokuHasu

RyokuHasu

Jul 29, 2019
No what @Someone Else 37 said will work. He just needs an export bus with crafting card for the ores that are ready to be smelted into a redstone furnace (or something similar). The export bus will trigger the crafting of the dusts into blocks.

Personally, I wouldn't use AE for this, but it can be done.
Oh right crafting cards lol forgot about those, I've been using Logistics pipes whenever I can and haven't touched AE in a while, my bad XD

Lordlundar

Jul 29, 2019
yeah, the Molecular Assembler is meant for crafting on a request, not just automatically crafting when something comes in. To do that, you need to have something requesting at all times. A storage location connected with an export bus or ME interface with a crafting card in the bus/interface will take care of that.A word of note though it will take up a crafting CPU to do so.