Solved MCPC 184 Memory Leak 1.6.4

Tencao

Jul 29, 2019
I mainly found this out myself not long ago, so I thought I'd post this to warn some people incase it affects them, or related to anything else.

I recently updated to the 1.0.8 Direwolf 1.6.4 build on my server, but started having severe lag issues. After closer inspection, I noticed I kept hitting my memory limit, so I checked the console and found tons of retroactive spam. After looking into it, I found out it was enabled in CoFHWorld.cfg by default in the update, so I tried turning that off and seeing if that helped, which of course it didn't. I then tried to turn off chunk-load-on-request but that also didn't fix the memory leak issues. In the end, I took a look through the patch notes for mcpc+ builds, as I had already tested everything else at that point (including plugins and worlds) and noticed build 182 changed some stuff regarding spawning and active chunks, as well as chunk grace (no idea what that is). So I reverted back to 181 before those changes, and so far I've not had any memory leak issues.

I will also post this issue to the mcpc+ team, but I doubt they'd fix it for this version of direwolf as they already updated forge on their recent builds.

Reactions: AlanEsh

Tencao

Jul 29, 2019
I know, I'm mainly just putting this here to warn others about the issue since this is the server tech support forum

Reactions: AlanEsh

OniBait

Jul 29, 2019
Just update to the latest version of MCPC+ or turn off the chunk grace by setting it to 0 -- it isn't a memory leak really, it is just that those chunks that are "leaking" are constantly being loaded/unloaded anyway.

Are some FTB packs not compatible with the latest Forge builds?

Tencao

Jul 29, 2019
The latest version of mcpc+ uses the latest forge, which the latest recommended build of Direwolf20 doesn't support yet, so 181 seems to be the best for it.